We are a full-service architecture and engineering design firm practicing across the country. We team with our clients to envision, design and build solutions. Using our integrated design approach, we provide a wide spectrum of architectural and engineering design services for today’s complex and technology-driven buildings. As Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for the design and technical systems for projects from schematics through construction administration. Your success depends on your ability to both engage directly on projects and lead an engineering team through your example. Effective leadership is imperative to ensure that the multiple projects you drive from concept to completion, are supported with your continuous interface with clients and with the design team.
- Responsible for building system concepts and documentation process from schematics through construction administration phases.
- In this role you will regularly engage with your Supervisor to ensure project development and personal performance suit the client’s need
- Function as Project Discipline Team Leader on large, complex projects when assigned.
- Responsible for directing and overseeing mechanical project team members.
- Responsible for monitoring and executing team compliance with project budget, technical, and coordination requirements.
- Prepare and monitor project status reports.
- Coordinate with Mechanical Engineering Discipline Leader in preparing project Man-hour Estimates.
- Prepare and document required code research for project, and train less experienced engineers and designers to do the same.
- Participate in the development of the project cost model during pursuit and design, while ensuring that budgets are respected and achieved.
- Conduct material and product research as required for project development.
- Attend project meetings as necessary.
- Partner with other Project Discipline Team Leaders.
- Respond to client questions/requests within 24 hours.
- Document interpretation and submittal reviews during bidding and construction administration.
- Monitor and mentor staff to produce quality architectural and engineering services within a project team concept.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- PE License.
- BSME or equivalent degree.
- Proven design experience with central plant systems, comfort and process HVAC systems, and related controls is required.
- Working knowledge of data centers and critical facilities is preferred.
- Familiarity with healthcare systems and design is a plus.
- LEED Accredited Professional preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and critical thinking ability.
- At least 10 years' experience in the A/E industry.
- Capable of traveling to and from project sites for attending client, project and construction meetings.
- Ability to access existing and new project sites for observation, investigation and evaluation purposes.
- Ability to use equipment for communication and documentation purposes.
- Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.