- Critical mechanical assessment of ongoing field construction methods, practices and constraints.
- Design and prototype tooling to streamline field assembly operations and improve the quality and performance of the final assembled product.
- Design and prototype metrology equipment for field verification that the final assembled product meets mechanical and optical specifications.
- Write operating procedures and other documents to support field use of tooling and metrology equipment.
- Develop relationships with foreign, on-site engineering and technical counterparts to facilitate cooperative problem-solving.
- Degreed engineer in a field that emphasizes the mechanical design of macro-scale projects.
- BS/MS credentials with 5/10 years of related experience and excellent references.
- Expert-level proficiency with SolidWorks and other software tools common to mechanical engineering and design.
- Hands-on experience with the prototyping process, BOM, supplier engagement, assembly, test and deployment of large mechanical systems.
- Demonstrated proficiency with dimensional specification and tolerance stack-up analysis.
- Experience with mechanical and optical metrology of large assemblies and verification of adherence to dimensional and other mechanical/optical specifications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and desire to work in a dynamic, multi-cultural team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
The position will be based in Fremont, California. The role may require travel abroad several times per year to support field activities.
GlassPoint is the leading provider of solar steam generators to the oil and gas industry for applications such as Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR). Oil operators worldwide deploy EOR to boost well productivity by up to 300 percent. By replacing gas-fired steam generation with solar, GlassPoint can reduce EOR gas consumption by up to 80 percent. The gas saved can be redirected to higher value uses, powering economic growth. The company is backed by strategic investors Royal Dutch Shell and the State General Reserve Fund, the largest sovereign wealth fund in the Sultanate of Oman.