The Senior Mechanical Engineer will lead mechanical design project teams to create world class designs for new projects, alterations and redevelopments on a variety of projects including power, process, corporate, healthcare, pipeline, airports, institutional, industrial, manufacturing, government and military facilities. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will lead the project team throughout the design and construction process, adapting mechanical plans according to budget constraints, design factors or client needs.
- Design, specify, procure and supervise fabrication of process and packaging equipment
- Coordinate with multiple disciplines in the design of projects within the food and consumer product manufacturing industries.
- Keep equipment related lists up to date and accurate for multiple projects
- Identify current project utility capabilities and verify project work will not exceed capacities
- Determine utility connections and routing to connect all required utilities to equipment
- Create and supervise construction scopes of work for subcontractors to install equipment
- Provide field support, including supervising the installation, commissioning and startup of equipment
- Perform utility audits on existing facilities
- Complete reports for studies assigned by clients
- Plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, adaptation and modification of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- May coordinate departmental and divisional project studies and report preparation assignments.
- Responsible for mentoring and developing less experienced staff members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering from accredited program.
- Minimum 7 years related experience (completion of master's degree in related field may be substituted for one year of experience).
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience leading the design of projects in the food and consumer products industries is preferred.
- Must be capable of devising new approaches to problems encountered.
- Completion of FE exam required.
- Completion of PE exam strongly preferred.