Responsibilities (including but are not limited to)
- Prepare error-free engineering documents for government facilities (e.g., drawings, sketches, instructions, inputs, calculations, analyses, evaluations) according to and bounded by industry codes, standards, and regulations to support client engineering needs
- Generate engineering related documents in accordance with client, ENERCON, and regulatory requirements, adhering to client and ENERCON procedures, processes, specifications, and other company or project directives
- Maintain up to date and relevant knowledge of industry codes and standards, safety culture, and design techniques suitable to the nuclear industry
- Provide peer and technical reviews of engineering designs and engineering related documentation produced by others
- Mentor and train less experienced staff
- Build strong relationships with clients through professional interactions and communications, and through the development of quality engineering products
- Consult with other disciplines to ensure designs are compatible with and have considered all disciplinary requirements
- Assist with business plan development and implementation as well as marketing and product / service development
- Review/manage project schedules and resources to ensure products are properly developed and projects remain within budget
- Serve as the Responsible Engineer (RE) and/or Lead Responsible Engineer (LRE) on projects
Required Qualifications / skills
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university.
- A minimum of 8+ years of experience in the design of mechanical systems
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical codes and standards.
- Must be a US Citizen able to obtain and/or maintain a DOE L or Q clearance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite.
- Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to be an individual contributor and work effectively in teams.
- Must be able to traverse stairs and ladders at client sites.
- Must be able to traverse client sites to conduct walkdowns.
- Must be able to work outside at client sites in all weather conditions.
- Ability to travel between 15-25% of the time; duration of travel may vary depending on project and client needs, ranging from a few days to a few weeks.
- Ability to motivate team and achieve goals through positive, winning attitude and effective leadership style which is consistent with ENERCON’s Defining Excellence fundamentals
- Ability to independently perform advanced technical work including complex calculations and analyses under general management oversight
- Proven experience with a high level of decision making, directing and overseeing routine and advanced technical work performed by others
- Ability to pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screenings, ENERCON and client specific background checks, and annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client policies.
Preferred Qualifications / skills
- Experience supporting projects for the federal government (DOE, DOD, etc)
- Experience and/or field experience working under an NQA-1 or ISO9001 Program.
- Ability to obtain and maintain unescorted access to nuclear sites.
This job posting is subject to change at any time.