Delek US Holdings, Inc. is a diversified downstream energy company with assets in petroleum refining, logistics, asphalt, renewable fuels and convenience store retailing. The refining assets consist of refineries operated in Tyler and Big Spring, Texas, El Dorado, Arkansas and Krotz Springs, Louisiana with a combined nameplate crude throughput capacity of 302,000 barrels per day. Delek US Holdings owns 100 percent of the general partner and 81.6 percent of the limited partner interest in Alon USA Partners, LP (NYSE: ALDW), which owns a crude oil refinery in Big Spring, Texas, with a crude oil throughput capacity of 73,000 barrels per day and an integrated wholesale marketing business.
The logistics operations primarily consist of Delek Logistics Partners, LP. Delek US Holdings, Inc. and its affiliates also own approximately 63 percent (including the 2 percent general partner interest) of Delek Logistics Partners, LP. Delek Logistics Partners, LP (NYSE: DKL) is a growth-oriented master limited partnership focused on owning and operating midstream energy infrastructure assets.
The asphalt operations consist of owned or operated asphalt terminals serving markets from Tennessee to the west coast through a combination of non-blended asphalt purchased from third parties and produced at the Big Spring, Texas and El Dorado, Arkansas refineries. The renewables operations will consist of plants in Texas and Arkansas that produce biodiesel fuel and a renewable diesel facility in California.
The convenience store retail business is the largest 7-Eleven licensee in the United States and operates approximately 300 convenience stores which also market motor fuels in central and west Texas and New Mexico.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for overall project management and engineering design of new hazardous liquids midstream construction projects. Key job responsibilities include managing projects through all phases of planning, estimating, engineering design, construction, and commissioning. In addition, this position is responsible for preparing detailed job descriptions, preparing construction contracts, soliciting and evaluating bids, requisitioning material, tracking budgets, forecasting costs, overseeing construction activities, and preparing project status reports. This position must also coordinate design efforts, interpret construction drawings, approve invoices, settle contract disputes, manage and oversee out-sourced consultants, and ensure safe, compliant, functional, cost effective and timely completion of projects.
The Senior Project Manager must function as a division leader, supervising all aspects of the job and assuring a high level of quality and workmanship. The Project Manager must champion a safe work culture that is based around a positive reinforced attitude towards safety, near miss reporting, self-accountability, and lessons learned. The project manager’s performance will be evaluated by the ability to deliver projects that experience zero injuries, zero vehicle accidents, zero spills, on-time completion, excellent scope control, and superior budget management.
Description & Responsibilities
- Provide project management, and construction oversight for assigned projects, including expansion, regulatory, and modification projects. Follow a disciplined project management process to ensure that projects meet safety, compliance, functionality, quality, cost, and schedule objectives.
- Assure all safety procedures and policies are communicated and enforced with internals and contractors.
- Directly manage both internal and contract resources; balance workloads, assign projects, assess performance, mentor and develop talent within the organization
- Produce scopes of work, project plans, cost estimates, AFE forms, schedules, MOC’s (Managements of Change), and other required documentation to help with the process of project identification and evaluation.
- Work with commercial, operations and other key stakeholders to develop and implement projects that meet the company’s core objectives.
- Review and approve surveying documents, including easements, plats, field work, Alignment, and As-Built drawings.
- Manage third party engineering firms for the creation of alignment drawings and As-Built drawings, and aiding in the creation of bid documents, scope documents, contracts, specifications and procedures.
- Identify, track and manage the acquisition of required permits for pipeline construction projects.
- Identify, track, manage and resolve project issues, including managing the bidding process, evaluating and choosing appropriate team members and contractor/vendors, resolving contract disputes and resolving contractor and inspector issues/disputes.
- Manage construction through all phases including coordination with Operations to develop operations, maintenance, and start-up procedures.
- Identify, manage and mitigate project risks.
- Manage the overall work plan according to Project Life Cycle to ensure the work is completed safely, compliant, functional, on time and within budget
- Control project costs by providing budget projections and maintaining a constant awareness of projects status in relation to approved budget.
- Update records, drawings and project files to reflect the work completed on each project in accordance with Company records management policy.
- Act as a subject matter expert for development and review of engineering standards, processes, and procedures
- Perform front-end engineering and design (FEED) for internal and external customers. Utilize experience and background as a project manager to develop screening estimates and scopes of work for evaluation
- Engineering degree from an accredited University and 10-15 years engineering experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within liquids midstream pipelines and facilities development
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) License Preferred
- Familiarity with PHMSA and TXRRC hazardous liquids pipeline regulations, DOT Part 195, API RP 1104, API RP 650, API RP 653, OSHA regulations, ASME B31.3 and B31.4.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels internally, as well as external customers
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Excellent computer skills, inclusive of sound working knowledge of MS Office applications and SAP
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran