Job ID: BEC009197
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples’ lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care.
Beckman Coulter offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see.
If you believe your education and experience are in line with the position description and qualifications referred to above, and are motivated, energetic, and looking for a new and exciting opportunity, please submit your resume online at the URL below or at www.beckmancoulter.com.
Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Beckman Coulter Life Sciences we
are at the heart of discovery, assisting the world's life sciences professionals
with solutions that simplify complex processes, automate procedures and
integrate work flows to accelerate breakthroughs in scientific research,
medicine and industry. By listening to our customers' needs, we develop
products that fuel groundbreaking research, ensure uncompromising quality, and
enable improved productivity.
We are seeking an Senior Mechanical Engineer in our Research
and Development (R&D) Sustaining Engineering Fast Impact Team/FIT
Department. The ideal candidate will be an outstanding technical leader,
demonstrate innovative designs, work with vendors, and help drive technical
projects from concept to completion. They must have a passion for
engineering and dedicated to getting the job done. The scope of work will
include new design concepts or design corrections through the transfer of
design to Manufacturing. This role will include working with scientists
and engineers during the concept phase and working with manufacturing
associates during the release phase.
- Lead the design and development of complex medical
devices by leveraging knowledge and hands-on experience in the development of
complex Fluidics-based systems.
- Generate and execute sustaining engineering design
changes including component and module specifications, risk evaluation (FMEA),
design characterization, validation and verification, design transfer,
implementation through engineering change orders (ECO) and monitoring.
- Lead Fluidic analysis (pump/syringe selection, flow
analysis, fluidics architecture, etc.). Create and guide creation of Fluidics
diagrams, CAD models, Drawings, etc.
- Assist cross-functional teams acting as the subject
matter expert (SME) as needed.
- Leverage experience with electro-mechanical systems
focused on automation to be able to support design and development functions as
needed. Provide technical reports supported by simulations and lab tests.
- Support the CAPA process by leading root cause
investigations into issues reported by customers. Provide sustaining
engineering support for the Flow Cytometry division by diagnosing production
and design issues.
- Contribute in the department goals of the R&D
Sustaining Engineering team overseeing defect reduction strategy of market
products. Lead PPM reduction activities utilizing problem solving and lean
- Provide technical leadership and mentor less experienced
engineers on the team.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 5years' experiencerequired OR, MS in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 3years' experiencerequired OR, Doctorate in Engineering with a minimum of 2years' experiencerequired;
- Direct experience in medical device industry preferred.
- Knowledge and practical application of the principles of
Mechanical Engineering, with emphasis on Fluidics.
- Electro-mechanical design, development and system
- CAD software knowledge in ProE (preferred), SolidWorks.
Working experience in the use of finite element analysis (FEA).
- Working knowledge of Statisticspreferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of lean fundamentals desired.
- Demonstrated ability to co-ordinate work effort with a
diverse and cross-functional team.