Day to Day Responsibilities:
Projects involved with:
Project focus will be implementation of robust, cost effective automation and process machine systems in Corning Pharmaceutical Technologies manufacturing plants, development prototypes, and/or sample scale production equipment. Role within group: Member of a cross-functional project teams through concept generation and development, detail design / build, system integration and production start-up in manufacturing.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
Normal Business Hours (8 – 5, M – F), however, expected to work hours required to achieve project objectives
Travel Requirements: Estimate travel at 30% depending upon specific project assignment. Travel may be required during installation, debug, and start-up as well as for routine interaction with Customers and Suppliers. It is based on project assignment
Required Education and Experience
B.S Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology
10 – 15years in mechanical engineering experience in the design and development of production process machinery, dynamic mechanisms, and / or automated systems.
1. High level of technical curiosity that will enable unique solutions to the technical challenges incumbent in the position.
2. Strong fundamental understanding of mechanical design practices, flexible automation, robotics, material handling, and system integration including development of process machine /system design specifications, error budgets, and proof of principle testing.
3. 10 – 15years’ experience developing and delivering fully integrated machine /automation systems to manufacturing requiring the integration of commercially available technologies into robust process manufacturing solutions.
4. Familiar with state of the art technologies in the following areas: electro-mechanical drive systems, fluid power, pneumatics, robotics, material handling, alignment, part sensing, and safety standards.
5. Demonstrated ability to effectively leverage and manage external machine builders and system integrators for detail design, build, and integration of later stages of machine system implementation. 6. Demonstrated skills in 2-D and 3-D CAD, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, and knowledge of ANSI Y14.5-1994 drafting standard.
7. Ability to work in a team based environment and participate on a highly matrixed project team.
8. Self starter who is able to satisfy their objectives and timelines with a minimal amount of supervision.
9. Sound problem solving and decision making processes and skills.
10. Results oriented with a high commitment level