TE Connectivity’s R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products, introduce them into practice. They are responsible for product development, and qualification from market definition through production and release; assist in the qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp. The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required product documentation including, but not limited to, Solid Model, 2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing requirements. They create and modify detailed drawings and drafting or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches or notes and contribute to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product. Typical fields of expertise include: materials, mechanics and systems, electrical, optics, chemistry, software, automation systems, packaging, testing and measurement, and manufacturing of electrical, mechanical and electronic components, products, and their integration into systems.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Define and develop new product concepts that provide technical and/or cost advantages to the customer/market to enhance TE's market position
- Develop new design solutions or adapt and reconfigure existing product designs for use in new applications
- Communicate product performance requirements through the use of production drawings, application specifications, and performance specifications
- Create virtual design simulations, 2D and 3D drawings
New Product Launch
- Work with global manufacturing resources, procurement, and outside suppliers to meet all TE technical, quality, and cost objectives
- Support TE Launch Teams to bring TE solutions to production
- Troubleshoot design issues during production setup
- Work closely with New Product Launch Teams to ensure smooth launch and trasition of products into the production facility
- Determine and communicate product test requirements
- Lead/oversee product qualification testing
- Execute simulations, tests, and measurements of the product
- Act as a technical partner and provide support to the Sales and Product
- Management teams. May attend/support customer meetings and site visits
- Analyze customer problems and work with internal team to determine solutions
- Drive the development and release of product, scale-up through stage-gate reviews, ensuring milestone commitments are maintained
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering - Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible professional level experience.
- Experience with 3D CAD applications such as PTC Creo, Pre/E, or Solidworks and CAE for structural and thermal analysis.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Power Point, Project, Excel. ProE, KeyShot, AutoCAD, 3D modeling and printing.
- Experience with terminal and connector requirements & testing is preferred.
- Experience with small precision plastic part design is preferred.
- Knowledge of connector technologies and related manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of molding and machining processes and advanced materials, such as performance-enhanced filled composites.
- Knowledge of Design for Six Sigma and LEAN Manufacturing (Green Belt in Six Sigma is desirable)