Performs complex engineering duties as a generalist or in a combination of disciplines. May be used for specific engineering roles not otherwise specified in compensation plan.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential functions)
- Responsible for the design, development, and modification of complicated and difficult mechanical devices and/or systems *
- Responsible for planning and conducting assigned technical projects or phases of projects *
- Responsible for documenting the results of mechanical design elements on assigned projects *
- May provide work leadership for lower level employees
- Applies knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering to solve basic problems
- Designs a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability