WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Perform and direct complex design of HVAC Systems including mechanical rooms, controls, ductwork, piping and equipment selection for large scale buildings.
- Ability to work independently in all Mechanical disciplines with no oversight or guidance.
- Oversee, guide, mentor and provide technical leadership to designers and engineering team.
- May serve in the QAQC process and an independent reviewer
- Interface effectively with clients and members of the design team.
- Prepare construction drawings and specifications for of HVAC systems from schematic through the construction document phases.
- Manage production staff and provide direction to them for preparation of construction documents.
- Select and specify mechanical equipment such as boilers, chillers, and air handling units.
- Design rooms to house these systems and coordinate with other disciplines.
- Review and accept selective shop drawings for compliance of specifications and contract documents.
- Interface effectively with clients and members of the project team and participate in meetings with Owners, Architects, Construction Managers and Contractors.
- Conduct staff development activities including work planning, budget development, scheduling in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- Perform independent site inspections.
- Lead or participate in commissioning or retro-commissioning activities.
- Represents company in project activities; directs activities of project team members; represents company in business development and marketing activities.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Bachelor of Architectural Engineering (Mechanical systems focus).
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience and PE required.
- Must have experience with large-scale healthcare projects
- Must have strong communication, teamwork and collaboration skills as well as an ability to engage effectively with clients.
- The ability to handle multiple projects is essential.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
- We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
- The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.