Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Ensure that the technical competence of Mechanical personnel under their supervision is matched to the work in hand
- Ensure that the work output of Mechanical personnel under their supervision complies with the relevant Wood, Client, national & international standards & procedures. This will be generally be achieved by applying the Wood checking and approval procedure for all created documents and calculations
- Provide technical assistance to Mechanical personnel as required, including developing the knowledge and skills of the Mechanical personnel and mentoring
- Ensure as far as practically possible all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule
- Be conversant and knowledgeable with respect to current and new legislation and standards e.g., BS, API and Client codes and standards, HS&E Regulations and EU Directives
- Prepare engineering and construction scope for both man-hours and equipment estimates and assist in the review of proposed schedules.
- Ensure that results of any development work are fully utilized in Mechanical activities
- Provide technical assistance to other disciplines as required
- Providing documentation and drawing deliverables for inclusion in workpacks and design books on time to meet offshore deadlines
- Producing cost effective designs that are fit for purpose and safe
- Participate as necessary in discussions with Clients and visit job sites as required
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five (5) years’ engineering experience
- Two (2) years’ Onshore Project experience
- Three (3) years’ experience working in Petrochemical industry
- Alaska Professional Engineering Stamp
- Cold Environment engineering
- Capable of representing Wood and Client to business associates in a professional manner
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Team player
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office Applications
- Displays confidence in own abilities and is motivated to deliver
- Ability to investigate and interpret data
- Ability to be responsive and open to changing circumstances
- Ability to motivate and supervise other discipline personnel
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
Requisition ID 2018-32515