$80K — $100K *
NSI-MI Technologies is the world leader in the design and delivery of state-of-the-art measurement systems used to verify performance of cutting-edge microwave communications devices. NSI-MI systems are used in many industries to support development of next generation products including satellites, radar, automotive communications, radar cross section, radome testing and many more wireless communications applications.
The AMETEK NSI-MI Mechanical Engineering team develops state-of-the-art engineered structures and motion products for automated tests in military, aerospace, and commercial applications. Typical work includes concept development, machine design, structural analysis, and system verification for safe operation.
The senior mechanical engineer demonstrates leadership in engineering efforts required to lead projects within a cross-functional team. The engineer will utilize experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and affect short-term and long-term business goals.
This person will lead the design and development of standard and specialty mechanical products consisting of servo/stepper motors, gearboxes, encoders, bearings, castings, weldments, forgings, sheet metal, composite structures, milled and turned parts. The senior engineer is expected to have a high level of experience in precision machine design and complex system integration. The candidate is expected to be experienced in working in a dynamic environment and be self-directed in the completion of daily tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following and other duties as assigned.
• Provide leadership and technical direction for assigned program tasks.
• Ability to lead projects with minimum supervision.
• Provide engineering recommendations for product development.
• Support technical proposals by providing unique engineered solutions, technical writing, and costing estimates to the sales team.
• Lead quality engineering design and execution to cost and schedule.
• Improve product quality, cost, and delivery time.
• Effectively collaborate with other engineering departments and customers.
• Assure excellent quality, timely completion of work and respond to customer and program needs.
• Drive the development and application of consistent design practices, standards, and tools.
This position requires approximately 10-20% domestic and international travel.
Required Skills: • Minimum of ten years of machine and structural design experience • Product costing and cost management • Computer-aided design and finite element analysis proficiency • SolidWorks CAD and SolidWorks Simulation experience preferred • Experience leading technical teams • Strong oral and written communications skills • Mechanical powertrain design and analysis (bearings, gearbox, gear, and motor) • Large structural weldment design and analysis • Alignment and inspection using laser tracker, FARO Arm, and other metrology equipment • Design experience in precision motion systems • Must have the ability to obtain or have a U.S. Government security clearance. Experience Level: 5+ years in machine design in an industrial/manufacturing environment Education Level: Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering (Required) Master’s in Mechanical Engineering (Desired)