Cobham is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer for its Aerial Refueling Products. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Leads and performs root cause failure analysis; recommends, implements and validates corrective actions.
- Leads Research & Development (R&D) projects supporting the next generation of aerial refueling equipment and platforms.
- Participates in a project integrated product team through the design, development, system integration, verification, aircraft integration and flight testing of air refueling systems
- Works closely and collaboratively within a cross-functional environment inclusive of project management, production engineering, quality, contracts, procurement and other support functions
- Generates and manages project plans; inclusive of detailed resource and competency planning, for delivery of a high quality and compliant design
- Oversees the successful execution of the project plans, maintains scope control, and ensures project requirements are met within schedule and budget
- Develops scopes of work, generates specifications, coordinates bid requests, performs supplier assessments and oversees technical execution of suppliers
- Manages project, programmatic and technical risks through active identification and execution of risk mitigation strategies
- Manages designs and project scope through strong requirements development and requirements change management techniques
- Ensures projects execute per standard engineering and company practices, policies and procedures
- Manages relationships with, and regularly interfaces with, customers and end users to develop/refine project and product requirements
- Utilizes strong interpersonal skills to foster teamwork and create motivation to achieve project success
- Must be able to travel up to 25%
- BS in Systems, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering from an ABET accredited institution
- 5 years experience in aircraft mechanical systems design
- 1 year of experience in DoD aircraft systems development per Military Standards and/or FAA FAR requirements
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Master’s Degree in an engineering field
- Experience in systems design for rotor wing aircraft
- Experience with mechanical design with stress, structures and kinematic considerations
- Aircraft fuel systems experience
- Experience with DOORS requirements management tool
- Experience utilizing Earned Value Management