ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve performance while lowering environmental impact. This position will be in support of the Power Grids division, which is a global leader in pioneering technologies that help balance the growing need for electricity while reducing environmental impact as a partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The division serves utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers and is focused on addressing key areas such as the integration of renewable energies, growing network complexity, grid automation and microgrids.
Typical duties/responsibilities for engineering may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Mechanical Engineering encompasses a variety of engineering assignments such as planning, designing, and modifying machinery, equipment and products. It also co-ordinates activities internally and with other groups to effectively accomplish objectives requiring knowledge of associated functions and related engineering fields.
• Under limited direction, perform a variety of complex engineering assignments requiring in-depth knowledge of a specific engineering discipline plus an understanding of related disciplines to cost effectively achieve objectives. • Assignments typically require the use of advanced and innovative techniques.
Proactively seek and implement initiatives to improve operations and increase customer satisfaction.
• Design, analyze, and evaluate systems, products or components, requiring a high degree of technical expertise.
• Design and develop complex models or simulations and apply advanced computer programs, analytical techniques or control strategies to effectively meet requirements and resolve problems.
• Act as principal investigator or lead a group of engineers investigating problems, developing solutions and preparing related recommendations and reports.
• Conduct economic studies and prepare or lead the preparation of specifications, proposals for contracts, licensing and safety documents, and obtain required approvals.
• Represent the group in meetings and conferences; interact with customers to resolve significant technical issues and develop related action plans.
• Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in an engineering or related field and a minimum of Five (5)+ of experience; alternatively, a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments.
• Manufacturing Background with Machine implementation experience.