• Lead the drafting of sketches, piping and instrument diagrams, or model 3D equipment items for power plant systems including steam cycle systems, boiler feed and condensate, water treatment, fuel handling, hydraulic, heat transfer systems, conveying systems, and air and gas systems.
• Check design deliverables in accordance with industry codes and standards, contract requirements, and company standards.
• Adhere to schedules and work assignments to ensure successful project completion.
• Coordinate with other drafters, designers and other team members assigned to a project or task, and support work progress and results.
• Train and advise interns or new graduates.
• At least ten years’ related design experience
• Bachelor’s degree in drafting and design or related discipline
• Proficient in basic computer programs including MS Word and Excel, web browsing and e-mail programs
• Knowledge of drafting software including MicroStation, Autodesk, Solidworks, SmartPlant
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
Requisition ID: 77323