SENIOR MECHANICAL DESIGNER
Are You Ready? Willing? Able?
- Are you motivated and creative?
- Do you have a deep passion for innovation, sustainable design and environmental responsibility?
- Do you enjoy getting great results from challenging opportunities?
- Do you have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and responsibility?
- Are you a resourceful person with a positive attitude?
- Will you bring energy and enthusiasm to the office?
- Are you prepared to learn and grow with us?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Integral Group’s Vancouver office is growing and needs your help! Integral Group’s Vancouver office is seeking a Senior Mechanical Designer who is a team player with the ability to receive and execute instructions from the Project Manager/Team Leader with minimal supervision. This individual has specific building services design experience in HVAC, plumbing and fire protection systems for high-rise residential, commercial and institutional buildings. The Senior Mechanical Designer is responsible for directing and supervising Junior and Intermediate Designers within their team.
- Provide technical assistance to the Team Leader/Project Manager as follows:
- Maintain design file
- Perform heating and cooling load calculations (HAP, TAS)
- Perform Energy Modeling (EE4, TAS)
- HVAC, Fire Protection and Plumbing schematic design layout and final design with minimal supervision
- Ensure Integral design checklist is being followed
- Ensure Integral AutoCAD/Revit Standards are being followed
- Final motor list review or preparation
- Prepare or confirm all equipment selections using Integral selection procedures
- Coordinate mechanical requirements with other disciplines involved in the project design team (i.e. Architects, Structural Consultants, Electrical Consultants, Code Consultants, Geotechnical Consultants, etc.)
- Co-ordinate or confirm service requirements/connections with the respective utility and/or municipal agencies
- Attend project progress meetings, provide updates for Project Manager and/or Principal-in-Charge (Including field reviews to monitor project construction status)
- Attend field reviews/meetings with clients
- Review/supervise drafting, prepare/review markups
- Assist with fee proposal preparation
- Maintain client relations
- 5+ years design experience in HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection systems
- 2+ years AutoCAD experience
- Ability to prepare working drawings using Revit an asset
- Ability to read Architectural, Structural, Electrical drawings with minimal supervision
- Ability to apply prescriptive requirements of plumbing, building and sprinkler codes (I.e. NFPA, OBC, etc.)
- Ability to perform accurate detailed site surveys
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in coaching/teaching
- Able to "sketch" ideas
- Able to communicate ideas effectively in meetings with architects and consultants
- Professional Engineer (PEng) or Applied Science Technologist (AScT) is required
- LEED® Accredited Professional designation is an asset