Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
PerkinElmer is seeking a creative and analytically skilled Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
who will conceive and design analytical scientific instrumentation. The individual will work in a team-based project environment interacting with software, firmware, electrical, manufacturing and service engineers, as well as physicists, chemists, consultants, and customers.Responsibilities:
- Primarily responsible for the mechanical definition and design and development of scientific instrumentation with a strong emphasis on motion control.
- Derives technical performance requirements for new instrumentation and automation systems from marketing concepts and market-driven data.
- Creates CAD models of detailed parts, assemblies, and drawings and working directly with global suppliers to deliver product to specification.
- Performs tolerance studies to assure form, fit, and function of related parts and assemblies.
- Follows phased-gate development process through the design, manufacturing transition, and commercial release.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge at "leading edge" potential by attending educational workshops, reviewing the technical literature, and participating in professional societies.
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time.
- BS Mechanical Engineering or similar field.
- 5+ years' experience in the design and evaluation of instrumentation and automation products.
- Experience with SolidWorks and MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- MS in Mechanical Engineering or similar field.
- Expertise in motion control systems development and analysis is highly desired.
- Working knowledge of motors, sensors, vision systems, encoders, linear and rotary motion systems, and fluidic controls and design.
- Ability to calculate loads, acceleration, and velocity.
- Strong experience with product data management systems and engineering processes.
- Strong knowledge of engineering materials, manufacturing techniques, and quality controls.
Paid Vacation, holidays, and sick time
Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage