Lockheed Martin seeks an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer for a position in Grand Prairie, TX to support Production Engineering efforts associated with a legacy missile program.
The candidate for this position will work in a Production Program environment and support Material Review Board (MRB) type activities associated with missile components.
Other notable tasks include:
- Development of 3D drawing models and creation/release of 2D engineering drawings using 3D CAD Software, preferably PTC CREO-3.
- Interface development and generation of Instructional Engineering Release (IER) documents
- Performance of Trade Studies and Tolerance Analysis
- Requirements derivation / decomposition
- Technical support to program suppliers for procured components
- Support weekly interactions with the programs customer and Camden Production Operations personnel
- Collaborate / Coordinate with other Mechanical Engineering (Structures, Thermal and M&P) and technical disciplines (Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Product Support), Procurement (Materials and Subcontract Management), Quality Assurance, Manufacturing Engineering, Production Operations, and product line suppliers / vendors
- Provide engineering liaison effort to support the fabrication, assembly and integration tasks associated with the product line, including (if necessary) audit step 25 production process reviews, and attending supplier audits
Travel to support and provide technical assistance to existing / new suppliers, and to support hardware fabrication, assembly, integration, and testing in CAMDEN, Arkansas.
Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen and have the ability to obtain a Department of Defense Secret Clearance.
Must have the ability to travel (approximately 10%) as it may be required to support the hardware fabrication / integration activities in Camden, Arkansas.
Bachelors Degree from an accredited university, preferably in an Engineering field.
Candidates must have at least 5 years of professional / hands-on experience.
Experience in the the below mechanical design skills:
3D parametric modeling experience
Exposure to Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and Tolerance Stacks Analysis
Experience with detail, assembly, and installation type 2D drawings
Knowledge of manufacturing and manufacturing processes
Knowledge of mechanical drawing standards
Mechanical Engineer with strong conceptual and detail design skills using 3D parametric modeling software (preferably PTC CREO).
The candidate should have experience with Material Review Board (MRB) type experience, where disposition of discrepancy reports will be required by engineering.
Ability to provide leadership and direction to small teams and provide guidance to entry level staff
Computer Aided Design skills using PTC CREO-3 Software.
Strong oral and written communication skills with superior organizational skills.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
Knowledge of Agile PLM (for 2D drawing release)
Capable of performing in a fast paced, dynamic environment, capable of working in an inclusive, team environment.