More information about this job:Overview:
Geocent's Aerospace & Defense Engineering Sector offers exciting and challenging opportunities in the Space and Missile Defense Industry. Geocent employees across the country subscribe to the company's culture of focusing on results when serving our large, diverse group of clients nationwide.
The Strategic Missile & Information Systems Parts Materials & Processes (PM&P) team is a Specialty Engineering function which provides expertise in EEE, mechanical, metallic and non-metallic parts, materials and related processes as well as survivability.
- The PM&P subject matter experts are responsible for working with program designers, IPTs and subcontractors to select parts, materials and processes that meet program designated PM&P requirements along with supporting part testing, failure analysis and mitigation development as well as performing supplier compliance assessments and development of all required plans.
- Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) will support all Parts, Materials, & Processes Control Board (PMPCB) related functions including reviewing of Non-Standard Part Approval Requests and relevant data, PMPCB working groups and board meetings and interfacing with both the customer and subcontractors in support of the PMPCB.
Basic Qualifications (Requirements):
- This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- This position requires an Active Secret Clearance.
- Field of expertise must be electricalengineering, materials science and/or engineering, physics or equivalent. Applicants must have prior knowledge of military and industry parts and materials specifications, bills of materials, obsolescence, and have coordinated activities with suppliers.
- Applicants need to be able to follow established processes but also be able to understand when processes are in need of change and be willing to champion changes consistent with organizational goals.
- It is desired that applicants have prior experience working with defense contractors, parts, materials, & processes mission assurance plans.
- Some working knowledge of ionizing radiation effects and testing is also preferred.
Typical Education / Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.