- Lead Materials and Process control effort in all aspects from design implementation, analysis, testing, and on-orbit performance for spaceflight electro-optical hardware.
- Provide engineering support to monitor techniques such as, cleaning processes, cleanliness verification, contamination control processes and other aerospace processes.
- Lead program material approval which includes piece parts to raw materials.
- Oversee aerospace process deployment.
- Apply knowledge in materials selection and process controls as it relates to aerospace structures, payloads and experiments.
- Develop and maintain Materials and Process control plans, FOD control plans, clean room management plans, and other related program, project, and organizational level documents, standard operating procedures, technical guidance, processes, and requirements.
- Develop, review and coordinate related program, project, and/or customer test plans and procedures.
- Train and mentor other team members in materials and process control , FOD, Clean room and other related disciplines.
- Perform other duties as required.
- BS or MS degree in Engineering or Chemistry from an accredited engineering school and minimum of 10 years of related engineering experience.
- Experience working as a material and process control engineer.
- Must have experience developing and reviewing engineering documentation including:
- Test plans and procedures.
- Design documentation, material and process specifications.
- Familiar with space environmental effects and aerospace material control:
- Requirements definition.
- Process controls.
- Facilities controls.
- Existing TS/SCI (SSBI) security clearance or the ability to satisfy requirements for a TS/SCI SSBI security clearance.
Competencies / Desired Characteristics
- Experience managing clean room operations.
- Experience developing and providing training programs.
- Experience with MIL, NASA, and other industry specific space contamination control standards.