Collins Aerospace is looking for a Materials Manager that can lead a dynamic team of materials planners and analysts at the largest repair station in the company. If you like a big challenge, numbers, and getting involved predictive analytics while also leading a team in the fast paced environment of repair, this is the perfect position for you. Planning for material in an aftermarket world presents some unique challenges, and no day is the same - this is the opportunity to be strategic while also being tactical. The Windsor Locks Worldwide Repair organization does over $200M in annual sales for customers across the globe —from Airlines to Engine Shops to Domestic and International Militaries. As the Material Manager for this organization, your primary goal will be to develop and implement strategy that aims to ensure that every part is on site when it is needed while also minimizing inventory. However, as a repair station demand fluctuates, and replacement rates change, and as a result the prediction accuracy is never 100%. As a result, the role becomes tactical when you predict wrong. When you do predict wrong, the group takes on its Delivery Assurance role and tries to develop solutions with suppliers to minimize the disruption to the business.
- Lead a dynamic team of planners and analysts in the day to day operation of the group, develop short and long term goals, and adjust when conditions change
- Develop, implement, and improve on a STOP and material planning strategy that minimizes both shortages and inventory, use predictive analytics to improve forecast accuracy
- Develop, implement and improve on delivery assurance processes that aim to recover quickly when conditions change
- Identify gaps and improve upon statistical planning tools
- Review and analyze large sets of data to find high level inefficiencies and root Muses
- Assess and develop talent within the team
- Problem Solving: Likes big challenges and has a strong analytical background, comfortable manipulating large sets of data to generate a conclusion and an action plan.
- Thinks about the problem from many angles to determine the right path forward.
- Entrepreneurial: Thinks of new ways of operating or developing new metrics to measure the department, seeks out new ways of looking at the same problem to identify and implement new/unique solutions.
- Leadership: Someone who can coach to bring their team up to the next level
- Communication: This position will interact with many different levels, including senior management and other plants/facilities.
- This role requires strong written and verbal skills.
- Must be able to clearly and comfortably communicate problems, potential solutions and action plans to medium sized groups of employees.
- Able to influence others where there may be limited authority.
- Adaptability: Thrives in a fast paced environment where priorities are constantly changing and ambiguity is common.
- Strategic: Thinks about solutions from the corporation level, taking into account needs of other organizations.
- Able to develop and execute plans that transform the organization.
- Bachelor's degreerequired
- Master's degreepreferred
Experience / Qualifications:
- 5 years of experience in a Manufacturing, Operations, or Supply Chain environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools and strong working knowledge of Excel is required
- Experience in data analytics or data analysis of large sets of data.
- Prior experience as Materials Manager
- Experience with SAP
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments.
As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- A Background check and a drug screen are required for every external new hire in the U.S.
- A re-hire will be drug screened if it has been 12 months since they were last employed by UTC.