Optimize the planning of the supply chain for the manufacturing plant in order to meet on time delivery, while optimizing inventory levels. Plan material for new product introductions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Manage overall inventory levels and minimize excess and obsolete inventory:
- Create metrics and processes that facilitate proper controls
- Plan and manage class A parts in coordination with appropriate buyer
- Provide direction to ECOs regarding implementation and effectivity plans
- Lead and manage end of production purchasing, production, and inventory plans
- Periodically review critical ERP planning attributes
- Compile and analyze reports to communicate inventory levels to local and corporate management
- Plan and manage material for new product introductions
- Coordinate cross functionally between product marketing, engineering/R&D, sourcing, purchasing, inventory control, and production
- Lead execution of PLCM gate checklists for the supply chain
- Review new products/parts planning attributes and ensure they are correctly set up
- Lead improvement projects that affect inventory levels
- Identify, plan and execute major improvement projects to the planning system and processes
- Support and mentor other production planners
- Demonstrates commitment to Stratasys Core Values by leading, acting and behaving in a manner consistent with these values.
- Follows all company safety policies and procedures and attends all safety trainings related to the job.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Education, Skills and Experience:
- Basic Qualifications: (absolute minimum requirements for the role; measurable and/or quantifiable)
- 4-year degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering or related field with an emphasis in Planning, Engineering, Production Control. May substitute equivalent buying and planning experience in lieu of education.
- 7+ years of hands on experience in ECO planning and implementation.
- 5+ years working knowledge of Oracle or similar ERP software with regards to planning and MRP.
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Internet Explorer.
- Preferred Qualifications: (would add value to the role)
- APICS Certification in planning
- Ability to work both independently with limited supervision and in a team environment is essential.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be detailed oriented and organized.
- No direct reports
- Works in a pleasant office environment with other department staff, utilizing a computer workstation and various software applications. Specific work schedule is coordinated with direct supervisor.
- Travel requirement: 0-10%