Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Senior Master Data System Architect PSJH in one of the following locations: Anchorage, AK, Renton WA, Portland OR, Beaverton OR or Anaheim CA.
We are seeking a Senior Master Data System Architect PSJH to serve as the technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) for data domains of Enterprise Master Data Management and Reference Data. This includes integrating Enterprise Golden Records, Source of Truth, Hierarchies, Data standards and mappings into one or more PSJH solutions within and external to Healthcare Intelligence to reduce and avoid silos resulting in simplified data flow for efficient enterprise solutions. Master Data Systems Architect Sr. is the primary party responsible for designing, creating, configuring and managing PSJH Master Data Management platform and tools. Partners include department and functional levels, data stewards, Client/Analytics Services and Information Management teams in Healthcare Intelligence.In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Responsible for designing, creating, configuring and managing PSJH Master Data Management (MDM) platform and also performing related extraction, transformation and load of data into the platform.
- Interfacing with end user work groups to understand requirements, and helping to define, develop and implement MDM standard operating procedures within targeted business and data domains.
- Develop the BI Data Model & lead the Data Profiling/Data Mapping aspect of the initiative(s).
- Build and refine data model in a complex distributed database environment including cloud, leads data architecture, analysis and design discussions.
- Develop technical best practices for data movement, data quality, data cleansing, and other ETL-related activities.
- Develop, test, and deploy ETL routines using ETL tools and external programming/scripting languages, as necessary.
- Profile and analyze source system data using MDM tools and summarize findings.
- Enable the end-to-end process of ETL, data quality, and MDM business rules from variety of domain source systems to the MDM data model domains.
- Develop test cases for flow from source system to MDM platform with business input and help execute the test cases.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, Data Management, MIS, Business, and/or other technical or healthcare related fields or equivalent education/experience.
- 8 years' of data development/architecture, ETL, data extracts, data modeling, database design and management.
- 7 years' experience with Enterprise Data Warehouse and various database types/configurations
- software/system development lifecycles.
- Capable of working across organization including cross-functional working groups in a matrix environment and virtual team's setup.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, be a self-starter and problem solver.
- Highly-motivated individual with strong analytical skills, intellectual curiosity and fast learning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively produce business results, while working under time pressures.
- Strong attention to detail.
- An understanding of Database management, SSIS/Informatica, and ETL process.
- Demonstrated understanding of meta data sources, master data management practices/technology and how it supports business process, results and data lifecycle.
- Understanding of Database management, SSIS/Informatica, and ETL process.
- Proficient in industry best practice and technical skill for developing and managing master data.
- Demonstrated understanding of meta data sources, master data management practices/technology and how it supports business process, results and data/software/system lifecycles.
- Technical understanding of healthcare applications, data systems, data warehouses, and other reporting environments.
- Ability to articulate multiple dimensions of data quality (completeness, accuracy, reliability, validity, timeliness, consistency, etc) and give examples of cleansing data.
- Ability to identify system constraints or gaps in routine business requirements, and effectively communicate issues/risks.
- Ability to maintain status of tasks, defects, issues and support requests.
- Successful experience working in a leadership capacity with virtual teams.
- Advanced analytical skills to analyze, define and maintain quality master data.
About the department you will serve.
- 5 years' experience in an enterprise-scale environment with standards and the concept of architecture (vs independent developer).
- 2 years' experience with MDM tools including but not limited to Siperian/Informatica MDM, IBM Initiate/MDM, Maestro MDS.
- Experience with Data profiling using packaged software (Trillium, Informatica DQ Analyst, IBM QualityStage, SAS DataFlux, etc).
- Understanding of master data management, 360-degree view of data, and golden record concepts.
- Experience with report development and data visualization tools (especially Tableau and SSRS).
- Strong presentation, interpersonal, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Certified Microsoft Professional.
- Certified Microsoft Solutions Developer.
- Epic Certification.
- Certification in Health Information Management System.
- Credentialing in Provider Specialties.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence St. Joseph health from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
As expressions of God's healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago.Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression,sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.