Upland Software is seeking a Senior Marketing Strategist to build creative, integrated, multi-channel marketing programs that generate brand awareness and industry reputation, supportchannel-partner initiatives, and measure the return on marketing program investments. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, resourceful, and have impeccable communication & leadership skills. The Senior Marketing Strategist will report directly to the Director of Marketing and work closely across the Sales, Product and Marketing teams to drive greater revenue growth.
- Develop a strategic and aligned with product groups marketing plan.
- Implement strategic plan with assistance of key product stakeholders.
- Manage marketing budget for all staffing, resources, and capital purchases.
- Evaluate new media technologies.
- Manage the creation of all marketing collateral and sales support tools, including the development of email marketing, website management, webinar production, and content development for press releases, social media, white papers, case studies, and monthly e-newsletters.
- Manage channel partners’ marketing requests to ensure timely program development and execution.
- Be accountable for measuring and reporting on all campaign results.
- Enhance Customer Relationship Management processes & technologies.
- Suggest market segmentation, targeting, and positioning for specific Upland line of business.
- Execute integrated online/offline, search engine marketing, advertising, public relations, tradeshows and other campaigns to general demand and sales leads, and support the partner channel.
- Work with outside agencies and contractors to deliver on marketing plan.
- Work directly with sales and channel partners to support their objectives and lead generation requirements
- Develop a strategic decision-making, prioritization, and governance process for marketing initiatives.
- Maintain industry analyst relationships as required.
- Manage and motivate team of highly skilled marketing professionals.
- Identify areas for process improvement.
- Maintain knowledge of marketing trends, developments, and best practices.
- University degree or college diploma, preferably in business or marketing
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in a field, product and/or channel marketing position
- Direct industry and SaaS experience a plus
- Participation in a response, and data-driven marketing team
- Exceptional knowledge of marketing strategies, concepts, and practices
- Strong project management and performance measurement skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships and work with senior level executives
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to compile and analyze performance data to develop metrics that support decision-making for resource allocation and subsequent campaigns
- Solid business acumen, management, and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with a multimedia marketing program that includes sophisticated online and database programs and content production, including Marketo, WordPress, and Salesforce.com
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Effective time management, organization, and leadership skills