Advantage|ForbesBooks has an exciting opportunity for a seasoned marketing strategist and thought leader with deep experience and proven results in developing marketing strategy. Advantage|ForbesBooks and its Authority Institute works with top tier business professionals to position, promote, and market them as the thought leader and expert in their industry, community, or marketplace.
The mission for the Senior Marketing Strategist is to be a ‘marketing subject matter expert’ to aid Practice Group Chairs in closing sales (acquiring clients) and to aid our Authority Institute marketing agency team in retaining clients through strategy consulting and ideation. The Senior Marketing Strategist will be a public face of the organization for select speaking opportunities, webinars, teleseminars, podcasts, articles, blogs, member coaching, masterminds, and in-person events.
The outcomes expected of this individual are:
- Support Practice Group Chairs by participating in Book The Business workshops, Discovery Days, Authority Marketing Blueprint Days, and Fast Start Author Programs for lead nurturing and conversion purposes.
- AMBD to Member Close Rate of >80%. Assist Practice Group Chairs and participate in Authority Marketing Blueprint Days as a subject matter expert and “higher authority” to help close deals. Participate in Discovery Calls and AMBDs when requested.
- AMS/BVM Renewal Rate of >75%. Assist Authority Institute account teams by providing marketing strategy assistance and strategy consulting via phone for AMS and BVM members. Serve as a subject matter expert and “higher authority” to help retain members.
- Support $500K in incremental revenue via client upsells and coaching. Support account managers in offering incremental products and services to clients. Support coaching group for AMS and ForbesBooks Members.
- Troubleshoot miscellaneous member marketing needs. Assist Practice Group Chairs, Publishing, and Authority Institute account teams with miscellaneous Member marketing needs.
- Research, prioritize and recommend new marketing and digital strategies, ideas and solutions with high potential impact on the products and services of our members.
- Recommend investigative, proof-of-concept, product development, and pilot approaches to test potential marketing and digital solutions to evaluate market viability for our products or services.
- Assist in development of go-to-market strategies for new products and services.
- Cultivate deep understanding of marketing and digital trends and the evolution of consumers and the marketplace.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) within the Business Development efforts of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Drive strategy for determining measurable results for our members.
- Translate big-picture, strategic thinking into actionable recommendations for the organization.
- Lead strategy and execution of innovative marketing and digital projects that drive and deliver results for our members.
- Define and deliver overall project timeline and associated milestones.
- Determine key performance indicators for deliverables and provide insights into member reporting metrics.
Competencies (These are MUSTs):
- Analytical skills. Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Creativity/innovation. Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
- Executive presence. Articulate communicator (both written and verbal), polished and impressive in front of an audience of co-workers, clients, or prospects.
- Listening skills. Lets other speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Persuasion. Able to convince others to pursue a course of action.
Preferred Skills and Experiences:
- At least 10 years of marketing/sales/management experience
- Experience as a member of an executive team is preferred
- 4year college degree