Are you an experienced A/E/C marketing professional ready to join a growing team? Do you relish the thrill of competing for large-scale projects? VHB is seeking a skilled writer, strategist, and communicator to help take our proposals to the next level. As part of our Mid-Atlantic Regional Marketing team, you will report to the Regional Marketing Manager and support our technical staff by assisting in the development of compliant, effective, and engaging marketing deliverables.
VHB’s passionate professionals include marketers, engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the government, transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy markets.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship—and your marketing efforts will help us achieve those goals!
In this role, you will:
- Lead the development of proposals and presentations for large and complex projects. Organize and facilitate pursuit strategy meetings. Develop Proposal Management Plans by interpreting complex Requests for Proposals (RFPs). Work directly with senior-level technical staff as well as graphic designers and junior-level marketing staff to prepare proposal materials. Ensure that all sections of the proposal include differentiating win themes and that sections are compliant, timely, and well written.
- Organize and coach technical staff for presentations. Help develop presentation materials and lead storyboarding sessions, leading to a compelling overall presentation.
- Develop qualifications packages and other marketing collateral in support of pre-positioning activities. Partner with technical staff to develop material tailored to specific client needs and concerns, in alignment with VHB’s brand.
- Work with graphic design staff to plan and produce materials that effectively communicate the strategic vision identified for each pursuit, in alignment with VHB’s brand.
- Serve as a mentor to junior-level marketing staff. May provide peer QA/QC of proposals.
- Perform other duties as needed. (If you’re the right fit for this role, you know that a pursuit involves much more than just the proposal!)
Skills & Abilities
- Strong writer, editor, and communicator with a positive attitude
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong creative and strategic thinking skills
- Detail oriented
- Able to work well under deadline pressure
- Able to handle multiple assignments concurrently
- Comfortable working with staff in person and remotely
- BS/BA degree in English, Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or comparable field
- 8+ years of professional experience in a marketing and/or communications role in the A/E/C industry; Certified Professional Services Marketer (CPSM) certification or similar a plus
- Skilled in using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel, as well as the Adobe Creative Suite (specifically InDesign and Acrobat); experience with Microsoft Dynamics a plus
Please submit applications online.