Are you an experienced A/E marketing professional ready to join a dynamically growing team? VHB seeks a skilled writer, strategist, and communicator to provide proposal, visibility, and overall marketing support based in our New York City office, conveniently located by Penn Station. We are looking for a creative and energetic go-getter who relishes the thrill of competing for large-scale projects in the government, transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy markets. As part of our Regional Marketing team, you will report to the Regional Marketing Manager and support our technical staff by assisting in the development of effective marketing and communications deliverables in a fast-paced environment.
VHB's passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients. Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Takes the lead role in the development of complex proposals and presentations, with oversight from Regional Marketing Manager.
- Works directly with senior-level technical staff to prepare proposal and other marketing materials, including writing and ensuring all sections of the proposal include differentiating win themes, and that sections are compliant, timely, and well written.
- Organizes and coaches technical staff for presentations.
- Serves as a marketing partner and liaison on Regional Client Focus and Market Teams.
- Works with graphic design staff to plan and produce materials ensuring all materials are effectively communicating the strategic vision identified for a given pursuit, in alignment with VHB's Brand.
- Serves as a mentor to junior-level marketing staff. May serve as a peer QA/QC of proposals.
- Develops, updates, and maintains boilerplate content and manage ongoing reviews by technical and administrative staff. Adds to the proposal knowledge base.
- May lead conferences and other industry events, as well as regional visibility activities (ie. e-blasts, social media, etc).
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong writer, editor, and communicator with a positive attitude
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong creative and strategic thinking skills
- Detail oriented
- Able to work well under deadline pressure, independently, if needed
- Able to handle multiple assignments concurrently
- Comfortable working with staff in person and remotely
- Team player with a strong ability to work independently
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Adobe InDesign a plus
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in a marketing and/or communications role in the A/E/C industry
- College degree in English, Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or comparable field
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook Calendaring and Contact functions) required. Adobe platform and/or Microsoft Teams experience a plus.
At VHB, we're invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We're proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for nearly 40 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.