Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This Individual Contributor position is responsible for supporting the Marketing strategy of North America Structures. They will do so by developing and deploying new product launches, email campaigns, product literature, photography, sales updates, trade show and events management and promotional items management and inventory. In addition, this position will support effective sales and agency development training through a variety of mediums.
• This position reports into Senior Marketing Manager and has no direct or indirect reports
• This role requires up to 15% travel (domestic), including overnight stays
• Develops strategic marketing plans by segment and product category
• Updates and manages brochures and online catalogues
• Coordinates material for product launches
• Responsible for email campaigns involving agent updates, newsletters and pricing information
• Manages photography library
• Organizes trade shows and creates graphic displays
• Organizes agent events
• Maintains inventory for promotional items and literature
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
• Accomplishes sales training and organization mission by completing related results as needed
• Prepares new sales representatives by conducting orientation to Valmont’s product and processes; providing resources and assistance; scheduling orientation sessions
• Assist with the creation and updating of training materials including presentations and playbooks to supplement instructor led course delivery
• Supports training needs by traveling with sales representatives; observing sales encounters; studying sales results reports; conferring with sales managers
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
• Preferred Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of relevant experience or Associates Degree with 7+ years relevant experience or 9+ years of relevant experience
• Three years of experience in marketing, pricing, quotations, sales, customer service or management
• Computer skills – Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows-based computer applications is essential
• Ability to deliver training to adults with in-person and remote methods
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in management, marketing or related fields
• Proven record of increasing responsibility within a large corporate marketing organization
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.