Senior Marketing Manager
Location: United States - Maryland - Baltimore
Industry: Medical Equipment / Devices
Job Category: Sales / Marketing - Marketing Management
The role is accountable for the achievement of key marketing segment and business goals for immunology applications across the Biosciences portfolio. Influences and contributes to the annual strategy and drives key application development, collaboration and co-development priorities for immunology workflows. Provides significant input into product line-related business decisions and resource planning; plays a role in key projects/ initiatives, potentially leading project/initiative teams, including core teams and commercial teams to execute against go to market plans. Demonstrates marketing expertise through specific and advanced set of skills and applied knowledge of immunology applications in the life science research and diagnostics markets. Will be accountable for influencing and driving worldwide commercial initiatives and programs well as planning for and tracking demand impact in established businesses. Will act as the liaison between global commercial teams and internal functional areas such as R&D applications, scientific affairs, and global marketing.
- Manages all aspects of US marketing plans to ensure the achievement of financial/budget expectations and product line strategies; creates strategic marketing plans and drives tactical marketing initiatives
- Delivers specific tools, based on US customer unmet needs and associated value prop, for all levels of healthcare stakeholders
- Drives a publication strategy which supports the customer data required for lab automation adoption in the US market
- Works closely with Sales teams to effectively implement marketing strategies and drive tactical plans to attain/exceed sales and categoryshare objectives.
- Partners with Informatics team to ensure integrated messaging and roll out to the field
- Employs market research tools, as required, to identify and interpret changing region attitudes, demands, and needs for existing company and competitive products.
- Manages the demand planning process; represents portfolio at Demand Consensus and S&OP meetings
- Contributes to the annual financial planning cycle for the US: budget, forecasts and ASR.
- Initiates, coordinates, and drives key National Account opportunities.
- Creates and manages communication programs including advertising, PR, direct mail, product literature, sales tools, internet sites, etc., in alignment with branding strategy.
- Successfully launches products; develops strategies, tactics and training plans for the Service organization, Distributors and Sales teams
- Creates and implements pricing strategies, market analysis, promotional programs, market research requirements and channel strategies. Incorporates "best practices" in all aspects of the marketing function.
- Provides marketing and/or technical support at conferences, users? meetings, customer sites, end user workshops, and other specific marketing events.
- Develops and implements strategic publication plan. Develops KOL group and speaker opportunities; coordinates webinars, as appropriate
- Builds relationships with internal stakeholders, and effectively communicates short and long term business priorities to functional leaders (i.e., Manufacturing) to ensure a unified agenda. Identifies potential gaps and proposes possible solutions
- Ensures compliance with policies, procedures, and practices, including serving as point-person in marketing communication copy approval process.
- Typically requires a B.S. in a Life Sciences discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA highly preferred.
- Minimum of 7years of business experience, with a minimum of 3years in Marketing. Business experience may include marketing, sales, business development or applicable advanced degree.
- Experience in the development and execution of the marketing plans delivering achievement of financial/budget expectations and product line strategies.
- Demonstrated track record in identifying Market Opportunities, Market Segmentation, Targeted Marketing, Competitive Analysis, Pricing Strategy and Go-to-Market models and strategies
- Demonstrated proficiency and knowledge of the medical diagnostic space. Demonstrated proficiency in business and sales acumen. Scientific and technical knowledge with the ability to understand and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial to drive revenue growth
- Proven ability to work on functional teams and across multiple functions
- Effective interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication; demonstrated abilities in organization, prioritization and planning, goal setting, analytical and problem solving
- Results-oriented, with demonstrated ability to multi-task; capable of managing and driving the completion of multiple competing projects.
- Ability to travel20-30% of the time
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for ideal candidate
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - No
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - No
7+ to 10 years experience
Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
Management ExperienceRequired - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally