The Senior Manager will play a lead role in the Firm’s marketing and business development activities. This individual will assist in the development and execution of the Firm’s strategic marketing and business development plans. Working closely with marketing leadership, business development team and practice leaders, the Senior Manager will ensure alignment of marketing programs to achieve Firm goals. This will require close and ongoing communication with Practice Leaders and the Partners-in-Charge of the Firm’s offices and the ability to work in a rapidly changing environment. The Senior Manager will have a mastery of digital marketing to fully leverage online platforms. This proven experience will be essential to plan ahead and pioneer new ground as we work to evolve and serve client needs in a more virtual world.
- Liaise between the Marketing, Practice Leadership and Business Development Teams to ensure alignment of programs and activities.
- Identify growth areas within existing practices and cross-selling opportunities and then help design, execute and track marketing campaigns.
- Travel to local offices and conduct go-to-market strategy and input sessions with Partners/Staff to keenly understand marketing and business needs and then deliver solutions.
- Use social media to advance awareness of the Firm (and model the way and advocate the use of social media to partners/staff).
- Mentor and manage Marketing team members.
- Assist in proposal development, working closely with the practice and marketing teams.
- Develop/write presentations and other ad hoc communications, including presentations, internal business development-focused emails, thought leadership articles, etc.
- Manage print and electronic marketing programs, brand communications and public relations programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree with major (or minor) in Marketing and/or Communications or related discipline.
- 8+ years of experience as a Manager or Director in a marketing or business development role at a public accounting or professional services firm. Preferred – Marketing and Business Development experience within a national or large regional public accounting or other professional services Firm.
- Direct experience with sales and marketing principles and communications at both the strategic and tactical levels – including events, public relations, client loyalty programs, proposals, targeted marketing, market research, data analysis and other
- Strong leadership ability
- Proven presentation and sales ability
- Strong communication/writing and sales/persuasion skills
- Excellent organizational skills