Job Overview The key objective of the Senior Manager role is to develop the annual and long term Marketing and consumer brand strategy for the health portfolio and ensure the delivery of market share growth and business financial objectives.
This position is directly responsible for leading a team of Brand and Assistant Brand Managers that develop and execute the Marketing strategy and activation for the portfolio. There must be a strong brand management approach that includes developing meaningful consumer insights and activating against these insights to drive market leadership and growth. Communication both internally and externally is critical in establishing a strong vision and direction for the team to deliver across all KPIs in line with local and global objectives. This is a key role within the organizational structure as part of the Marketing leadership team and is a key driver of brand strategy and innovation as well as activation, tactics and direction for Consumer communications (Insights, advertising, Media, Consumer promotions, packaging). This position will provide support for Sales as well as Trade Marketing to embed the brand strategy throughout the organization and bring strong collaboration cross functionally. Responsibilities
- Establish and advance consumer brand strategy across the organization while setting annual objectives and delivering on key metrics such as market share, Net Revenue, Gross Margin and Product Contribution targets.
- As a member of the Marketing leadership team, lead the development of the portfolio strategy to drive market share gains, best in class activation & brand equity while supporting the achievement of the overall business strategy in the medium/long term.
- Managing and deploying Consumer communications, as well as activation strategy & execution (Advertising, Media, Digital, promotions).
- Allocate appropriate levels of resource to drive category initiatives.
- Deploy Consumer media and communication strategy to achieve portfolio goals.
- Contribute to the development and ultimate roll-out of new initiatives
- Influence the trade marketing team with regards to promotion, pricing, presence and placement
- Ensure training, development and career plans are in place for the team, in order to ensure both their personal goals and the achievement of corporate targets and plans.
- Being responsible with our products 100% of the time to ensure safety and quality for consumers throughout the business
- Communicating and liaising across all functions within the Canadian organization to build networks and leverage strong ideas
- Collaborating with other markets to ensure consistency and that we are in sync with Canadian needs
- Proactively drive results
- Maintain and develop strong communications links with all internal departments and external customers to successfully implement brand/category strategies to ultimately improve market share, net revenue, gross margin & product contribution for the portfolio.
- University Bachelor’s degree with a focus on business or marketing preferred
- Experience in Consumer Packaged Goods
- Experienced marketer with minimum 10+ years’ experience
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Preference for experience in Sales
- Experience working with consumer brands
- Entrepreneurial and financially & commercially astute
- Demonstrated competencies within the core values of Ownership, Entrepreneurship, Responsibility, Partnership and Achievement