Job ID : 93120BRLocation :US - California - San JoseJob Description
Job Title: Senior Marketing Manager – Life Science Mass Spectrometry
Requisition ID: 93120BR
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
San Jose, CA/ Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division
How will you make an impact?
We are seeking a Senior Marketing Manager for our Life Science Mass Spectrometry business, focused on product launches and communicating our portfolio of solutions for various industry and application segments. The successful candidate will be a member of our Life Science Mass Spectrometry Business Unit, responsible for setting the strategic direction and tactical implementation of activities and deliverables supporting key application areas, and executing-to-plan in cross-functional teams. S/he will need to demonstrate proactive leadership and management to drive coordinated actions working with a variety of stakeholders. Intense engagement and cooperation with the sales and marketing teams will be key in gathering feedback on market trends and competitive dynamics.
What will you do?
- Develop content for strategic, multi-channel integrated marketing plans to convince and convert customers across portfolio and markets for areas of responsibility, including customer segmentation, competitor analysis, business trends, market opportunities, and staging and pacing of marketing tactics to achieve measurable results for new and/or existing products
- Guide the development of final copy and creative content for applicable markets, appropriately positioning products for customer segments, while conveying strong value propositions and clear product differentiation
- Collaborate and ensure alignment of marketing plans among Product Management, Regional Marketing, Commercial Leaders, and other stakeholders
- Ensure program metrics demonstrate program effectiveness of marketing activities and drive theintended demand across markets and geocenters.
- Propose and execute on customer and market research programs to provide key market insights and actionable business outcomes
- Maintain knowledge of the trends and competitive activity relevant to the product lines and relevant markets as needed
- Partner with Product Management and Regional Marketing Managers to develop and deliver sales training and support materials
- Work with divisional and regional marketing to achieve marketing budgets and optimize thepromotional mix on campaigns to achieve a high return on investment
- Interact with varying levels of internal and external personnel including direct customer communication, KOL engagement and management, and confident public presentation of LC mass spectrometry content
- Work with BU marketing team to optimize marketing programs regularly
How will you get here?
- Demonstrated success with mass spectrometry segment and an advanced degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or other related life science is preferred. A combination of a bachelor’s degree in chemistry or biochemistry with 7+ years of previous work experience in biotechnology, translational research, or related industries is also acceptable. PhD, MS and/or MBA are desirable.
- 5-7+ years of proven hands-on experience in marketing roles of increasing scope and responsibility in the global life science mass spectrometry market
- Self-starter and collaborative within project teams, and successful track record working in complex global, matrix environments, including managing expectations of multiple stakeholders across business units and regions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including presentations to senior leadership and large audiences
- Exceptional skill managing complex marketing or other projects with a strong attention to detail
- Adept at building and maintain relationships with customers and key opinion leaders
- Strong market knowledge to influence creative design and messaging that resonates with customers and an ability to learn from previous projects to improve on performance
- Develop and deliver presentations and trainings for a wide variety of audiences, including sales teams, regional marketing, customers and senior leadership
- Strong objection handling and conflict resolution skills
- Must be able to manage project scope, budget and schedule to achieve timely completion of projectdeliverables
- Willingness to take risk and learn from the result
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possesses an analytical mindset
- Experienced in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Approximately 25% domestic and international travel
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.