H&R Block, the world’s leader in tax preparation services, is looking for a Marketing Manager, Paid Media to lead, develop, recommend and implement client acquisition and retention marketing plans and programs to grow the business. This position is located at our corporate office, in the premier downtown Power & Light district of Kansas City, just steps or a streetcar ride away from countless restaurants and entertainment venues. We have an onsite fitness gym and coffee bar, an awesome company cafeteria, free, covered parking, and frequent opportunities to get discounted or free tickets to a variety of entertainment venues and shows.
About the position:
You will manage digital media campaigns, ensuring programs work together with other marketing initiatives. You’ll also be responsible for strategy, execution, optimization, and reporting for media channels. This position will act as the marketing department lead for strategic development and execution of a marketing program or a subset of a very large, complex marketing program.
- Develops, recommends and implements marketing plans and programs designed to increase revenues, clients, and profitability. This may be a stand-alone program or a subset of a very large, complex, multi-media, multi-client program. Ensure all marketing plans and programs adhere to overall corporate strategy and objectives. Prioritizes projects based on evaluation of short and long-term benefits to the company.
- Pull data, create, and analyze executive-level media reports to effectively measure digital media programs. Identify areas of concern and recommend optimization.
- Collaborates with other associates and support departments to develop, recommend, and monitor the implementation of digital media campaigns which would include display, online video, paid search, and affiliate channels.
- Develop and recommend digital media strategy for clients, including: targeting, timing, message and offer.
- Provides assistance with the development of H&R Block advertising strategy and execution.
- Work closely with Creative Services and outside agencies to provide input for creative design, messaging and strategy for direct mail and any other direct marketing programs.
- Ensures projects are completed on time and within budgetary guidelines. Monitors program results and proactively recommends contingency plans or adjustments to meet goals.
- Responsible for specific acquisition and retention direct response marketing programs to include development, production, delivery and analysis of individual programs.
- Design, develop, and monitor performance for creative and landing page tests during the campaign.
- Identify new partners/technologies to increase the success of the campaigns.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Digital media experience, including specific knowledge of one or more channels including broadcast, display, paid search, affiliate, or other.
- Proven responsibility creating media test plans, measuring media performance, and optimizing in real time.
- Experience in developing marketing strategies
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to established timeframes
- Ability to create and present executive-level reports.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills with understanding of 3rd party analytics tools like Adobe Site Catalyst, Google Analytics, Google Ads, etc.
- Budget management experience and demonstrate knowledge of financial implications from marketing programs and decisions
- Microsoft suite proficient and heightened knowledge of Excel
- Proven experience leading cross-functional teams from project start to completion and/or attainment of desired results
It would be even better if you also had:
- 5-7 years digital media experience