We are currently seeking a Senior Marketing Manager to conceive and execute the marketing campaigns for an assigned list of books and projects forAmistad, HarperVia, and HarperEspañol, imprints ofThe HarperOne Group atHarperCollins Publishers.
- Conceives, develops and executes marketing campaigns for roughly25 books per year.
- Communicates detailed campaign updates directly to editors, publicists, publishers, sales teams, agents, and authors. Presents campaigns formally in key meetings.
- Advises authors on building and optimizing their social media presence and overall platform. Hands-on with authors where necessary.
- Develops a variety of content for campaigns that can include, but is not limited to,– sell sheets for reps and accounts, social media post copy and images, infographics, and email blast copy for consumer facing promotion
- Actively participates in all imprint-wide marketing discussions related to titles and campaigns.
- Participates in the planning and preparation for all seasonal sales meetings.
- Coordinates marketing efforts with publicists on each campaign.
- Manages budgets for assigned titles.
- Secures title specific as well as imprint-wide cross promotional partnerships with third party brands and companies.
- Manages imprint based email marketing lists and communities.
- Engages in imprint branding efforts as needed.
- Minimum 4 years of marketing experience in book publishing or a similar industry
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- A positive, can-do attitude plus possesses the ability to work well with different types of personalities
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
- High level of professionalism, attention to detail, and organization
- Passion fordiverse books
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital publishing and book marketing landscape
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite