About H&R Block…
H&R Block’s purpose is simple: To provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We’ve been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we’ve grown to have approximately 12,000 offices throughout the United States and around the world.
We are a people company first and a tax company second. People who join H&R Block say it feels like being part of something bigger. A place with an amazing and storied history, but with a strong and urgent focus on the future. Maybe it’s how determined, forward thinking and innovative we are, or how accessible our leadership is. We believe it’s all those things, and much more.
H&R Block, the world’s leader in tax preparation services, is looking for a creative and analytical Senior Marketing Manager –Email & SMS to drive the customer contact strategy while also managing and executing a variety of campaigns for H&R Block’semail and SMS channels. In this role, you will drive customer acquisition and increase loyalty by sending timely, personalized contacts that drive top of mind consideration and sales. You will work closely with various cross-functional teams and/or agencies to plan, execute and track campaigns. This position will act as the channel lead for providing consultation and expertise on how to leverage email/SMS strategically through first party data and consumer signals to drive business goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop email communication strategy and management of campaigns end-to-end, including planning, set-up, testing, execution, reporting and optimization.
- Lead and manage the campaign planning process through creative and production. Facilitate meetings to plan and prioritize requests and adjust course as necessary. Proactively address and resolve issues, campaign timing conflicts and communicate decisions to key stakeholders.
- Build SMS functionality with internal and external partners to execute promotional marketing campaigns.
- Ensure flawless execution of campaigns. Oversee the review and approval of channel campaigns, ensure accuracy of counts, proper segmentation, final QA and provide approval for deployments.
- Work cross functionally with Marketers, Product, Legal and Database Managers. Lead cross-functional teams in the planning, development and execution of channel marketing programs. Build a positive, proactive environment based onhigh volume of executions and excellent communication with team members and external resources.
- Interpret data/reporting and use analysis to provide insights into issues and opportunities to apply changes that increase efficiency of programs.
- Maintain and monitor channel health by managing deliverability, automated data cleansing and contact frequency.
- Ensure all channel campaigns comply with current best practices, strategies and industry standards related to email and SMS.
- Champion continuous advancement of features and capabilities including targeting, personalization, and creative improvements. Recommend tests to optimize results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 6 years of consumer marketing experience, with 3-5 years in email/SMS marketing with strategy and execution.
- Management experience in hiring, building and mentoring email/SMS team.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines in a busy, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to respond with agility to changing market conditions and expedite processes when required.
- Overall ability to think strategically and translate strategy into successful marketing programs.
- Strong judgment, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Strong collaboration skills; work with numerous partners of differing levels, flexing interaction styles including the abilityto influence without direct authority.
RELATED/PREFERRED EXPERIENCE TYPE
- Technical knowledge of capabilities and limitations of Salesforce
- Understanding and previous use of a Windows-based computer system
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint