Position Overview: Reporting to the Director, North America Marketing, the Sr. Marketing Manager, KaVo Instruments is responsible for the approximate $100 million North American portfolio of the Instrumentation and Rotary platforms. The successful candidate will lead downstream marketing in conjunction with cross-functional commercial and Business Unit teams to accelerate end user demand. The Manager will be part of a category management team that is accountable for creating, establishing and maintaining the overall brand strategy for new and existing products. The Manager is the brand owner and advocate to internal and external constituents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Category management for Instrumentation and Rotary platforms, including positioning, market analysis, competitive strategy, pricing, and promotion to maximize long-term market share and profitability.
- Subject-matter-expert on the product portfolio and associated procedures.
- Develop and execute North American brand plans to include new product launch, outbound / content marketing campaigns, advertising, and promotion strategy.
- Develop new product launch plans and customer VOC to maximize launch revenue for upcoming new products.
- Coordinate with the professional education, sales training, sales operations and global marketing teams to maximize effectiveness of marketing plans and tactics.
- Build and develop strategic relationships with external sourcing and distribution partners.
- Work closely with legal, regulatory, and health care compliance to effectively navigate the internal and external environment to achieve desired results.
- Bachelor's degree from a 4-year college or university required, MBA preferred.
- Dental/ Medical device industry experience preferred.
- 4+ years related experience in marketing or product management.
- 2+ experience in a sales and/or marketing role with direct responsibility for driving got to market strategies and marketing mix.
- Proven experience of working with and influencing clinicians.
- Knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software
- Domestic and international travel up to 35%.
- Strong interpersonal skills, leadership, and influence management, required.
- Solid oral, written and presentation skills to effectively communicate and influence a cross functional team, required.
- Strong analytical skills used to drive-decision making and experience building a business case using market and sales data and financial forecast statistics, required
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.