The Senior Marketing Manager – Assisted Retention Strategy is responsible for the development of a marketing strategy to improve YOY retention rates of H&R Block assisted clients. This includes identification of tactics/messages that drive improved retention with specific audiences within the assisted client pool. Understand current and emerging channels to communicate to current clients and work with program and channel owners to adjust and optimize marketing programs during execution to maximize retention lift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create new or develop existing retention campaigns and programs. Create, optimize, and evolve retention strategies to improve client retention.
- Lead marketing department efforts to assess marketing retention performance across channels. Collaborate with channel teams to identify new channel opportunities and optimize plans based on results and key metrics.
- Partner with consumer insights, product and other teams to identify, recommend, and implement market research activities to improve client retention.
- Work with cross-functional teams to lead the creation and preparation of new campaigns for execution including campaign strategy, offer development, business case creation and approval, brief development, and client targeting.
- Evaluate program results with program managers and channel owners to optimize as needed and adjust for future campaigns.
- Prepare and present presentations to various audiences, including senior leadership, to influence the retention program.
- Research possibility of loyalty campaign to further increase client retention.
- Lead ad hoc projects and initiatives that bring about change or improve the business.
Bachelors degree required. Marketing, Business, Journalism or other related field preferred.
MBA or other relevant Master’s degree preferred
- 6+ years of big data, CRM, and/or retention strategy development
- Experience in developing and executing marketing/brand/product strategies.
- Strategic thinker with a proven ability to translate strategy into executable tactics.
- Proactive problem solver, who has the ability to make the right decisions quickly—either independently or as part of team—and drive issues to resolution.
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing principles, practices and techniques, including knowledge of research, direct marketing, merchandising, promotion, etc.
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal skills. Presentation skills necessary to communicate and persuade a wide range of audiences.
- Effective project management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to established timeframes.
- Proven ability to influence and lead teams that include internal stakeholders, at all levels, as well as external partners.
- Familiarity with franchised, multi-unit retail, financial services, and/or seasonal business.