Creating Peace of Mind by Pioneering Safety and Security
At Allegion, we help keep the people you know and love safe and secure where they live, work and visit. With more than 30 brands, 11,000+ employees globally and products sold in 130 countries, we specialize in security around the doorway and beyond.
At Allegion: We’re Redefining Security.
Allegion products help keep people safe and secure where they live, work and visit. With more than 30 highly recognizable brands sold globally like Schlage, LCN, Von Duprin, Glynn Johnson, Locknetics, Ives etc., we specialize in security around the doorway and adjacent area: everything from residential locks and portable security to commercial locks, exit devices, openers and closers, electronic access control and workforce productivity solutions.
At the core of this $2.7 billion business is the knowledge and experience of over 11,000+ dedicated employees across the globe and - we’re growing!
If you are a dynamic, driven, visionary problem solver focused on providing solutions to customers, boosting brand awareness, and improving competitive product performance in local markets all while advancing your career within Marketing, then this opportunity is perfect for you: Allegion Canada is currently looking for a Senior Marketing Manager to join our winning team in Mississauga, ON.
As Senior Marketing Manager you will get to lead all marketing efforts for the Retail, Residential and Ecommerce channels & enable our sales teams to win and grow share in the Canadian market. By leveraging your valuable customer centric mindset, you will get to - flawlessly execute new product launches, commercialize marketing efforts to maximize returns, own the pricing strategy for the entire Retail and Residential business and mitigate potential competitive conflicts. You will get flex your collaborative reach by working with Channel Marketing to manage existing product portfolios in our local markets and consolidate opportunities with the Americas to successfully activate new and profitable projects. You will also get to influence and modernize our approach to brand activations and digital outreach – earned, paid, and owned, by partnering with our brand and solutions leaders.
What you will do
- Foster key relationships with the Americas marketing resources: help align on strategy, leverage resources, and activate in the Canadian market for an impactful partnership
- Work closely with Product Development and Creative teams: to execute all artwork requirements (for both existing & new items globally) & Influence discussions around emerging solutions and technological advancements into new product categories.
- Analyze marketing strategies to identify new opportunities: Perform competitor analysis to increase market share. Research and analyze market trends, customer needs, building codes, external influences, and competitive environment to capitalize on market opportunities and minimize effects of competitive activity.
- Lead and support product launches, track KPIs to measure success: cross functionally, and for new solutions and enhancements spanning commercialization, product positioning, asset creation, and demand creation activities.
- Leverage the New Business Case process to develop new consumer-oriented marketing opportunities supported with demand creation strategies.
- Lead digital media and communications strategies in conjunction with the Brand and Solutions team: which includes briefing agencies, establishing content and media strategy, establishing KPIs and goals, researching new platform opportunities, participating in the asset creation process.
- Own the Retail and Residential pricing process. Collaborate with Channel Marketing to maximize margin and mitigate conflicts. Work with this team to category manage solutions in market optimizing opportunities and growing both revenue and share.
- Oversee the annual channel budget and program management of all Allegion projects to ensure alignment, accuracy, and executional excellence
- Identify and lead the development of new sales enablement tools & assets for the go-to-market teams to increase outreach effectiveness.
- Collaborate with Brand and Solutions teams to grow influencer marketing strategy for Canada; develop contracts with agencies, influencer selection and approval; lead the integration of content into marketing efforts.
- Execute online and offline marketing initiatives, integrating online and new media, email, print, direct mail, social media, company websites, SEM/SEO strategy development, brand awareness and drip marketing initiatives.
- Partner with training and rep agencies to effectively communicate our solutions and value to retail partners
What you will need
- Bachelor’s degree in product management, marketing, business, or technical discipline
- 7+ years of experience in marketing, preferably including 4+ years of product/solution marketing
- Strong marketing competencies, including a strategic business orientation and market analysis.
- Proven sales strategy support skills and track record of supporting profitable business growth.
- Demonstrated expertise in value proposition creation to specific audiences.
- Product portfolio management.
- Strong collaboration skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively across functions (product leaders, sales, channel & vertical marketing, etc.).
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks at once with great efficiency.
- Bilingual (English and French) is a definite asset.