This role is truly 50% analytical and 50% creative. The candidate is a strategic problem-solver who knows how to influence teams in a matrixed organization to implement subscription acquisition strategies. They are able to think holistically and will have a deep understanding of our members, consumers, digital media habits, and the outstanding roles different channels play among a full marketing mix. Our ideal candidate sits at the intersection of brand and growth and is comfortable crafting compelling product narratives while also being laser-focused on customer acquisition.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, this person will work with Product, Growth, Analytics, Brand & Creative, and our DTC team to introduce, educate, and ultimately bring new customers into Tripadvisor Plus. This role will lead development of acquisition campaigns, develop testing roadmaps and learning agendas that ladder back to our core KPIs, improving the efficiency of our acquisition efforts both on and off platform, and identifying different levers to scale efficiency.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop user acquisition strategies and activate campaigns that drive large scale awareness, acquisition, and adoption of our new subscription offering, Tripadvisor Plus, achieving an efficient CAC and amplifying key product messages.
- Lead cross-functional marketing programs from strategy and insights to rollout through optimization and retro.
- Partner with the Growth team to develop and execute subscription campaigns across the full funnel, understanding the right mix of paid vs. non-paid to drive both scale and efficient CAC.
- Partner with the Product team to improve conversion along the commerce funnel and identify optimizations and improvements to better educate and convert Tripadvisor users to becoming paid members.
- Lead the creative process for all acquisition campaign needs, asset requests, and creative tests in alignment with industry and channel-right standard methodologies.
- Investigate weekly performance, to understand trends and identify successes and opportunities, while also creating and delivering weekly performance reports.
- Work with Research and Analytics to develop actionable, data-driven insights to inform product and marketing roadmaps, messaging, and optimizations.
- 7+ years of experience building out unique end-to-end marketing acquisition campaigns both on and off-platform.
- Experience working with DTC and/or subscription brands with recurring revenue business models
- You are a creative problem solver. Faced with a seemingly impossible task, you’re known for coming up with radical, new ideas for hitting your goals. You’re creative in the way you look at data, in the way you apply it tactically, and how you think about achieving long-term goals.
- You are growth-oriented and analytical. You love digging into the data to draw out key insights. You are skilled at leveraging data to tell impactful stories, make decisions and build consensus.
- You’re empathetic and a community builder. You are a true consumer advocate. You are naturally curious to deeply understand customers and what makes them tick.
- You have experience working with creative and brand teams to help guide creative and messaging to meet consumer needs.
- You have a strong understanding of lifecycle marketing and the importance of delivering the right message at the right time to the right user.
- You have the ability to analyze, interpret data, and use insights to inform marketing campaigns and make recommendations.
- You are a strong communicator and project manager; able to successfully work and collaborate with cross-departmental teams.