The Sr. Marketing Communications Specialist for Cardiac Rhythmic Management is responsible for initiating, creating and executing global product launch plans and/or global campaigns across multiple channels and geographies to enable sales and build the Abbott Brand. This role’s success is built upon the ability to demonstrate an understanding of the business, product, customer, distributionchannels, and competitors while applying their perspective and expertise in marketing communications to build solid strategies and execute global plans. This role will support the business strategies of the Cardiac Rhythmic Management portfolio, while ensuring consistency and alignment with overall Abbott Global Communications policies and guidance.
• Develop and execute measurable, multi-channel communications strategies and campaigns to support the commercialization of solutions globally.
• Partner to create and execute campaigns in specific geographies, such as the U.S., Europe or Asia.
• Develop and maintain a deep understanding about the nuances of different global geographies and selling divisions to ensure communications campaigns enable the sales organizations.
• Develop campaign briefs and Intergrated Marketing Communication Plans (IMCP) with marketing counterpart(s) to help support business goals and product launches.
• Coordinate with other internal business partners (PR/Digital/Sales/Education) as appropriate, to ensure alignment on IMCP tactics and timelines.
• Produce communications materials using established department procedures and tools.
• Contribute to global product positioning, messaging, naming and creative development working with manager.
• Contribute to the development of the communications annual operating plan and budget plan.
• Forecast and manage budget and timelines at the deliverable level.
• Collaborate closely with peers in Marketing and Marketing Communications; Project Management, Operations, Digital, Brand, Events, Creative Services, Public Relations, and Internal Communications to align on product launches, campaigns, process, strategies, best practices and efficiencies.
• For all print and digital collateral and support materials, maintain appropriate compliance usage and adequate inventory to support internal and external customers.
• Partner with analytics team to evaluate and report effectiveness of campaigns on the necessary cadence to track program success.
• Partner and collaborate with outside agencies/vendors to ensure initiatives meet expectations.
• Perform other related duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
• Bachelors’ degree required in Communications, Journalism, Advertising, Marketing, Public Relations, English or equivalent; Masters’ degree preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years marketing communications experience in life science marketing, marketing or marketing agency preferred
• Medical Device Industry or another regulated industry experience preferred.
• (Disease state) experience preferred.
• Experience in managing or facilitating the creative process (concept to execution)
• Experience in drafting and leading creative briefs
• High level of intensity and comfort level with change
• Planning - demonstrated project planning skills
• Excellent use of MS Office including PowerPoint and Excel software.
• Experience working with PC.
• Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
• Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
• Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
• Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
• Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
• Travel up to 20%, domestic or internationaly.