Gannett Fleming has an opportunity for a strategic-minded Sr. Marketing Communications Manager to lead the marketing and communications team supporting our Transportation Infrastructure and Mobility Professional Services Market in North America.
The manager will work in partnership with our transportation leadership team, whose leading-edge services and solutions help to improve mobility and propel communities forward. Gannett Fleming offers our clients consulting to support planning, design, construction, operations, and maintenance for Transportation Infrastructure and mobility. Our clients include public sector agencies and authorities, as well as private sector mobility providers.
As part of our overall business development lifecycle process, the Sr. Marketing Communications Manager will manage and oversee the implementation of marketing communications strategies and tactics in the transportation infrastructure and mobility market served by multiple corporate business groups within Gannett Fleming. The successful candidate must have demonstrated proficiency in measurable marketing programs for a firm with $150 million or more in annual revenue. The position requires a self-motivated and proactive individual who brings a strategic, professional, and creative approach to advance business goals while also effectively managing staff in tactical implementation. The Sr. Marketing Communications Manager position is part of the overall corporate marketing communications and business development group. This position will partner in alignment with transportation leadership to develop and execute our enterprise strategy.
Principal Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Provide Team leadership for marketing and communications organization which is charged with the following areas of focus.
- Lead development and execution of measurable marketing communications plans and associated budgets that align strategy and tactics with business plans and goals.
- Develop client account focused strategies for marketing to advance the business objectives within the client account plan(s).
- Develop and implement communications strategies to support the advancement of thought leadership and innovations initiatives focused on transportation infrastructure and mobility that position subject matter experts as industry leaders and drive demand for our firm’s services.
- Lead strategy/creation of digital marketing communications products and programs, including website content, multimedia presentations/videos, digital marketing campaigns, and social media messaging, in partnership with the specialized digital marcom experts and in concert with the enterprise strategy.
- Work closely with leadership to develop and deliver high-impact client presentations, marketing qualifications, award submissions, feature articles, advertising campaigns, signage, direct mail, and brochures/collateral that showcase the best the business group has to offer.
- Develop and implement client and opportunity-specific marketing campaigns to target specific messages and content to a particular client or client type; this is a key component of our business development lifecycle and seamless partnership with the business development team is essential.
- In consultation with business group leadership advance strategy and program development of targeted tradeshows, conferences, and special events; including pre-event positioning, at-show strategy, attendee presence, and post-event follow-up. Travel and participation at events are required, in compliance with Gannett Fleming’s COVID-19 travel guidelines, to effectively engage with clients and position for new opportunities.
- Research key competitors/markets and effectively communicate research findings to transportation management in order to chart business group and marcom strategies for growth.
- Contribute to Gannett Fleming corporate publications and channels, including corporate magazine and corporate blog platform.
- Build internal communications programs to facilitate collaboration, engagement, and information sharing, in partnership with internal communications manager.
- Support development and maintenance of marcom systems and applications, including the use of customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, or related field.
- Experience in the transportation infrastructure and mobility market (transportation, transit & rail, roadway) is required.
- 15+ years of marketing experience; minimum of 8 years in a leadership/management role.
- Must have virtual team supervisory experience, overseeing staff in multiple time zones.
- Demonstrated creative thinking, ability to work with leadership on vision and implement tactics to achieve measurable results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience to work with employees at all levels of the organization; effective listener and communicator for both written and oral presentations.
- Skilled at translating complex subjects into communications for broad audiences.
- Proven experience in managing multiple, concurrent projects from concept to completion, with adherence to budget and schedule requirements.
- Ability to successfully multi-task and routinely prioritize major initiatives and tasks.
- Ability to facilitate broad cross-functional teams.
- Expertise in a wide variety of communication delivery vehicles, including video, podcasting, website content management, and social media.
- Proficient in AP Style and ability to write clearly and succinctly with a high-level of accuracy, using proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Knowledge of layout and graphic design principles and strong PC skills, including Microsoft Office 365 applications, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel (in compliance with Gannett Fleming’s COVID-19 travel guidelines).