Space and Missile Systems (S&MS) Global Sales and Marketing (GS&M) is seeking a senior Marketing & Sales Representatives for the Homeland Defense team. This is a senior sales and marketing analyst position. The individual will report to the Senior Manager for Ground-based Midcourse Defense branch of S&MS for marketing and sales. The selected candidate will lead and drive a deep understanding of current and emerging customer requirements in the Homeland Missile Defense market space, expose customers to Boeing expertise in products, services, and solutions aiding customers with evolving their requirements, help lead The Boeing Company in positioning for and capturing those emerging requirements, as well as support the perpetuation and expansion of existing Boeing franchise products, programs, and services.
Ultimately, this senior analysts is responsible for delivering ethically and with integrity on one metric - addition to backlog (Sales/Orders) for the S&MS portfolio. This leader will be teammate with other analysts and will provide expertise in both the design and execution of business development and capture campaign efforts. The individual will also support program managers and development teams on mission requirements, configuration and will assist in selecting the supplier base to support Boeing programs. The analyst will contribute on matters related to the U.S. programs of record. The individual will routinely interface with a diverse and geographically dispersed team while building and leveraging close working relationships with the Boeing Government Relations office, Field Offices, Phantom Works (developmental programs) and Program Teams. The leader will also be responsible for participating in the development and execution of the strategy, funding requirements and action plans for successfully protecting and growing the business.
Include, but are not limited, to the follow:
- Help lead other analysts in understanding customer and the homeland defense portfolio.
- Advocating the customer requirements and selling the business case to management.
- Balances the enterprise, business unit and customer goals to meet and drive Long Range Business Plan (LRBP).
- Leads negotiations and finalizes commitments, ensuring mutual benefit to the customer and Boeing by interfacing directly with customer decision-makers and influencers.
- Leverages detailed understanding of both customer and Boeing needs and resources to find areas of alignment and integration.
- Obtains commitment within parameters approved by management.
- Drives sales and campaign activities to successful completion by integrating multiple aspects of the customers’ needs.
- Crafts campaign specific strategies, procures resources and secures management commitment to ensure successful execution.
- Creates metrics to monitor campaign project status and budget requirements.
- Leverages company resources to support customer commitments, gain a competitive advantage and foster business growth by using a comprehensive understanding (breadth and depth) of multiple Boeing products and services, process and operations and resources.
- Integrates knowledge into business strategies and solutions.
- Researches, reviews and analyzes information about competitors'' products and services to develop a comprehensive understanding (breadth and depth) of specific competitor activities and their impact on company strategy to improve our competitive position.
- Verifies, evaluates and applies detailed customer knowledge to advance campaign activity, support the long range business plan (LRBP) and contribute to strategy development (e.g., country, region and campaign).
- Establishes a broad network of contacts and knowledge base to act as a broker of knowledge to multiple customer needs.
- Provides guidance to more junior employees regarding capturing and documenting detailed customer knowledge and assists in network development.
- Initiates and advances customer relationships and works to be accepted as a trusted business partner by the customer.
- Establishes, maintains and expands network to address customer needs and keep lines of communication open.
- Develops customer solutions by coordinating and integrating with internal and external processes and divisions to provide a competitive advantage and to foster business growth with acceptable margins.
- Coordinates packaging of Boeing and Industry products and knowledge into complete solutions that meets customer needs.
- Leads review process with management by balancing customer expectations and Boeing resources.
- Aligns third party deliverables. Maintains and advances customer relationships to proactively address future needs.
- Identifies future business opportunities and promotes the value of Boeing portfolio and partnership.
- Provides networking capabilities to address needs beyond Boeing’s resources and offerings.
- Takes consultative approach to help customers achieve objectives.
- Leads preparation of proposals by developing themes and discriminators and ensures correct members and resources are included in the team.
- Develops strategy and tactics using in-depth knowledge of customer needs, Boeing products and services and competitive environment to foster business growth with acceptable margins.
- Ensures strategic alignment with the customer, Long Range Business Plan and regional and country objectives.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Global Sales & Marketing
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position is located in either Huntsville, Alabama and does not offer relocation assistance. If you do not currently reside in or near these locations, you must be willing to relocate at your own expense
Typical Education/ Experience:
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 20 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 18 or more years' or a PhD degree with typically 15 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four yeardegree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- Analysis or test experience with Missile Defense Agency elements such as GMD, THAAD, Aegis, Patriot, JTAGS or others
- Experience communicating with internal and external customers
- Active Clearance
- Business capture experience
- Experience with developing strategic long range business plans
- Bachelor's degree or higher
Job ID 1700016158