The Senior Marketing and Communications Director works as part of local leadership teams and in collaboration with the Association Marketing and Communications Strategy team. This position is responsible for serving the marketing and communication needs of specific branches and program areas. Provides guidance and support to identify, prioritize, and implement activities designed to meet local priorities in service to the Y’s strategic priorities of member experience, program and summer experience, staff experience, and philanthropy. This leadership position supervises a team of marketing and communications professionals working in partnership with all branch operation and program teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, business administration, or related field.
- 3+ years’ successful experience in marketing, traditional and up-and-coming marketing and communication media.
- YMCA Multi-team Leader certification preferred.
- Complete online Child Abuse Prevention training on first day. Complete other online and in-person training as required.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Operations and Program Marketing and Communications team.
- Work collaboratively with the Association Marketing and Communications Strategy team to develop, execute, and monitor marketing and communications strategies, activities and budgets for assigned locations and programs.
- Ensure consistency in strategy and execution among team members to deliver on organizational priorities and key performance indicators.
Relationship Management and Collaboration:
- Serve as advocate and liaison to assigned branches and programs.
- Proactively anticipate the needs of assigned branches and programs to prioritize and communicate local and organizational priorities.
- Work collaboratively with local and organizational teams to develop, execute, and monitor marketing and communications plans and activities.
Planning and Execution:
- Provide guidance, direction, and support for all marketing and communications activities at assigned locations and programs. Ensure accountability to deadlines and goals related to revenue, program enrollment, attendance and other goals.
- Proactively manage personal calendar to ensure attendance at local meetings, special events, and other activities essential to local needs.
- Engage marketing and communications production team members to fulfill requests on time and at the highest quality.
Marketing and Communications:
- Maintain the Y brand and voice across the association, with special attention to assigned branches and programs.
- Execute social media strategy at assigned locations and branches with daily posting and monitoring across all platforms.
- Provide oversight and coaching on Publicity and Promotion budgets for operations and program marketing and communications team. Assist and ensure assigned staff with the tracking and monitoring of their respective budgets.
- Manage the publicity and promotion budget for each assigned location, and in collaboration with local leadership.
- Recruit, hire, train, and provide direct supervision, coaching, and mentorship to the marketing and communications directors and production team members.
- Review and evaluate staff performance.
- Develop strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Review, approve, and submit staff time cards to payroll department per schedule.
- Track volunteer hours and record appropriately.
- Schedule shifts and process time off requests for staff.
- Provide all departmental staff with professional development.
- Ensure that all mandatory training is scheduled and funded.