The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the position that are most important to get the job done.
- Evaluate monthly sales and execute transactions to match monthly sales with production forecasts;
- Work with schedulers to determine volumes available for sale and understand inherent risks to expected production
- Monitor and maintain pricing information associated with PDC’s markets; evaluate market fundamentals in relevant basins
- Perform evaluation of financial netbacks of individual contracts on a monthly basis; Make recommendations for ways to improve price realizations
- Evaluate future pricing risks in PDC’s markets and assist Marketing Manager in hedging strategies for both financial hedging and physical sales
- Assist Marketing Manager in price forecasts for budgeting, acquisitions, and new contract evaluations
- Monitor contracts and credit to determine expirations and other essential terms of contracts and their interface with gatherer processors for amendments and modifications to contracts;
- Support evaluation of the midstream and marketing impact on potential acquisitions;
- Develop and maintain spreadsheets documenting contract financials and contract briefs;
- Assist the business development department in all financial evaluations associated with midstream and marketing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The specific minimum competencies required for job performance.
- Strong attention to detail and strong analytical ability;
- Strong quantitative analysis, database knowledge a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Very proficient in business PC software applications, primarily the Microsoft Office Suite of programs (Focus on MS Excel and PowerPoint);
- Spotfire, SAP experience a plus;
- Ability to gather, organize and analyze large amounts of data accurately;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines;
- Perform duties with minimal supervision;
- Understand oil and gas markets, both domestic and international;
- Ability to plan and organize to meet rigid schedules and demanding time-lines;
- Knowledge of overall business strategy and operations including business processes, revenue and cost components and drivers of these measures, profitability and return on investment modeling and general economic modeling;
- Ability to think critically using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths or weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approached to problems.
The scope of the person’s authority, including a list of jobs that report to the incumbent.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
The environment in which the job is performed, especially any unique conditions outside a normal office environment.
- Consistent with that of a normal office environment;
- Some travel required to visit data rooms and conferences (5%);
- Some evening and weekend work may be required in order to meet deadlines.
The minimum level of education, experience, and certifications required to perform the job.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Finance, Economics or related field;
- 5-10 years’ oil and gas related experience, with oil and gas marketing/transportation knowledge;
- Marketing/Midstream experience preferred.