Roles and responsibilities:
The role of this position is to provide qualitative and quantitative analysis on the competitive landscape and typically a five-year forecast for various embedded processors. This includes specific processor class trends across multiple markets and/or multiple classes of processors limited to a specific application or market such as automotive, industrial, consumer, data processing, wired and wireless communications.
The senior analyst will track trends, suppliers and market applications for multiple processor classes or markets. The range of coverage and responsibilities will vary based on the candidate’s skill and expertise. The senior analyst will interview and survey processor market strategic leaders, will coordinate with the IHS Markit electronic equipment teams and the IHS Markit semiconductor teams (the analysts covering embedded processors and sensors, and relevant markets such as automotive, consumer or industrial) to produce strategic market intelligence services within the embedded processing scope. In addition to conference calls, the senior analyst will be expected to interview industry experts and clients at tradeshows and occasionally at their place of business.
Tasks may include most or all the following:
- Tracking specific embedded processing markets such as microprocessors, microcontrollers, graphics processors, signal processors, configurable logic processors, applications processors and system-on-chip solutions.
- Tracking both supply and demand trends for processor markets with primary and secondary research. Tracking technical and macro trends influencing the market (e.g. regulations, embedded security, IoT, integration into SOCs, interfaces, temperature or power thresholds, processor architectures, manufacturing trends, etc.).
- Tracking processor trends relevant to specific applications or markets including, but not limited to networkinfrastructure, advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), AI, IoT, and natural language processing.
- Developing improvements to existing products and services, and providing strategies for new services.
- Supporting revenue growth for this service by supporting existing customers and promoting the service at potential customers via company visits and webinars with support of sales team.
- Supporting overall semiconductor forecast and semiconductor market share analysis of IHS Markit.
- Contribute to consulting projects as required and as driven by business needs by working in collaboration with consulting project leaders, providing subject matter expertise in area of focus, and performing various activities to support delivery of high-quality client-specific projects.
- Respond in a timely manner to clients’ research-related inquiries of various complexity in area of focus by providing deep subject matter expertise and timely insight, utilizing resources and judgement to address questions, resolve problems, and/or refer questions to senior level staff.
- Leading group projects or meetings
- Giving presentations
- Travel may be expected from 2 to 6 times annually. The frequency is negotiable.
- Tasks will not include designing processors, manufacturing processors, programming embedded applications or similar design engineering tasks. The scope is dedicated to market analysis.
Bachelor’s degreerequired. Electrical/Computer Engineering preferred; computer science, materials science, mathematics or related degree considered.
This advanced position is open for candidates with education and/or experience in an embedded processing related field with actual processor design or processor related strategic marketing experiencepreferred. A minimum of two years of related experience is required.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills at all levels of business to enable effective and productive communications with key people including research participants and senior level clients.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint); experience with database concepts, pivot tables, graphs and other advanced Excel features preferred.
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment and ability to navigate and excel in a complex, heavily matrixed organization, and relate successfully to a variety of people externally and internally.
- Strong organization and creativity with accomplished time and project time-management skills.
- A keen attention to detail and highly effective organization and prioritization skills, including the ability to stay on task and maintain focus on time-sensitive project deliverables.