Fleetway is a recognized industry leader in marine engineering, technical, logistics and management services. We have built an outstanding team of people, and partners, invested in the right tools and earned an exemplary track record providing service to our customers.
We are now in an important stage in our growth and are looking for talented individuals to bring skills and abilities to one of Canada's largest marine engineering integrators as we lead the way in Canadian naval defence contracts (In Service Support) and new government ship design and support, including warships, ferries, ice-breakers and commercial vessels.
We are looking for a qualified Marine Technologist for a full-time permanent role located in Isle-aux-Coudres, Quebec. The successful candidate will be a resident of a nearby city in Quebec, willing to relocate to the area OR commute between the locations.
The Marine (Naval) Technologist is a vital asset to the Marine Technical Services team who reviews and analyzes engineering changes to determine the impact on naval ships and related documentation, as well as provides on-site technical support to customers to ensure proper implementation of engineering change installation packages.
- Education Required: 3-Year College Diploma in relevant field (listed above) OR QL6B qualification from the RCN
- Years of Experience Required: 10+ years of Canadian Naval experience as a Marine Technologist (Electrical, CSE, Hull, Mechanical)
- Bilingual- English and French required
- Ability to work independently in a shipyard setting required
- Experience in technical writing and proficient with MS Office
- Must have attention to detail and strong organizational skills and be motivated meet project deadlines with minimal supervision
- Seasoned understanding of the interaction of all disciplines (steel, structural, mechanical, electrical, electronic, etc)
- Surveyor from a recognized Classification Society an asset
- Transport Canada Marine Inspector an asset
- Marine Vessels Technical Inspector an asset
- Shipyard Technical Inspector an asset
- DND / PSPC Technical Inspector an asset
- Owner’s Shipyard Representative an asset
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian government security clearance
- Perform on-site technical support, troubleshoot and be able to conduct QA/QC inspections and investigations related to various tasks
- Able to produce concise technical reports including conducting research of technical documentation, drawings, specifications relative to task at hand
- Strong, precise communication skills to stakeholders- keep everyone in the loop!
- Ability to inspect work in accordance with supplied inspection guidelines and provide support as needed to existing team of inspectors
- Must be able to perform “Spot-Check” of completed work in the following areas:
- Structural Welding
- Electrical Systems
- Navigation Systems
- Propulsion Systems
- Towing and Winch Systems
- Lifesaving and Fire Fighting Equipment
- FFV1 Equipment
- TC Towboat Crew Accommodation Regulations Requirements
- Maritime Occupational Health and Safety Regulations Requirements
What We Offer:
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary commensurate with skill, ability and experience, along with a comprehensive package including:
- Health and wellness benefits (including Fitness Reimbursement)
- Flexible work hours
- Enrollment in company RRSP matching program