PRIMARY PURPOSE: To process and resolve marine claims for customers; to maintain communication, and to provide detailed explanation of settlement and fees.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Investigates the cause and extent of the damages, obtains appropriate documentation, and issues settlement.
- Receives and reviews new claims and maintains data integrity in the claims system.
- Assesses surveyors as needed.
- Prepares settlement documents and request payment for the claim and expenses.
- Reviews survey reports and insurance policies for proper coverage.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Travels as required.
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
Eight (8) years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Skills & Knowledge
- Good oral and written communication skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Good customer service skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies.