The Senior Manufacturing Systems Analyst provides project task coordination, functional expertise, and contributes to improvements and enhancements for all of NN’s manufacturing-related systems. The Manufacturing Systems Analyst is responsible for assisting in the completions of project tasks for assigned modules or systems, serving as a liaison between functional and technical resources to manage the deployment of new system functionality, upgrades, system modifications, and day-to-day problem analysis, issue tracking, and resolution.
The Senior Manufacturing Systems Analyst is responsible for handling all manufacturing systems support service requests assigned by the Program Director, Manufacturing Applications or escalated by the Site Analysts.
This individual’s principal goals are to support internal customers on implementing NN, Inc.’s standard set of manufacturing system solutions. Also, the Senior Manufacturing Systems Analyst will provide general direction and assistance to the project manager to execute project steps during an implementation project and ensure timelines are being met.
Strategy & Planning
- Assist in the development of a standardized implementation methodology, system improvement plans, and roll-out plans
- Plan and prepare system conversion work plans and timelines
- Assist in the preparation of time and cost estimates for completing projects
- Participate in projects relating to continuous improvement and LEVEL 3 projects to improve the utilization of all manufacturing-related systems
- Participate in manufacturing solutions implementations at NN facilities according to project work plans developed by the Program Director, Manufacturing Applications and Lead Manufacturing System Analysts
- Serve as project manager for less-complex implementation projects
- Prepare workflow charts and diagrams to specify in detail business process supported by manufacturing systems
- Prepare system design documents as outlined in project work plans
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals
- Prototype new procedures for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications
- Communicate process changes, enhancements, and modifications – verbally or through written documentation – to management, peers, staff, and other employees so that issues and solutions are understood
- Provide technical direction to the Site Analyst in providing Level 1 manufacturing solutions support
- Provide escalated support to Site and Manufacturing Analysts
- Collaborate with on-site consultants and service providers who participate in the implementation of manufacturing solutions
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new processes, and other post-implementation support
- Perform end-user training as outlined in the project work plan/charter
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the Manager, Manufacturing Systems with respect to project timelines and scope changes
· BA or BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related business field.
· Minimum of three years’ IT experience supporting and deploying the specific ERP software assigned to this role
· Minimum of an additional five years’ operational experience in manufacturing systems or use thereof OR minimum five additional years in other IT roles (programming, analysis, and/or project management)
· Must have excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
· Extensive practical knowledge in importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flowcharts.
· Must be team oriented and have excellent collaboration skills.
· Must be able and willing to perform significant travel to NN sites, sometimes in excess of 50%.
· Interpersonal skills to develop and manage relationships with internal customers.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Works effectively with peers and customers across multiple disciplines, locations, and levels.
· Detailed-oriented and able to multi-tasking strength.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
· Technical proficiency in Progress 4GL, QAD Reporting Framework and HP-UX is a plus.
If you are interested in a rewarding career with opportunities for growth and advancement, we invite you to submit your résumé for consideration. NN, Inc. provides a comprehensive benefits package, including:
· Medical and dental insurance
· Employer-paid life insurance
· Voluntary vision insurance and other ancillary coverage options
· 401(k) plan with company match
· Paid vacation and holidays