Are you ready to work with a purpose? At ABB, you can be sure you’re helping to create a better world. Your day-to-day management will touch the lives of millions when it makes it possible to create sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world or to improve safety for workers in auto plants. A better world begins with you.
ABB is seeking a Senior Manufacturing Operational Excellence Engineer that will develop the application of various processes and utilization of specialized equipment to efficiently accomplish such objectives as fabrication, production, modification or repair of Company products.
Under limited direction, perform a variety of complex engineering assignments requiring in-depth knowledge of a specific engineering discipline plus an understanding of related disciplines to cost effectively achieve objectives. Assignments typically require the use of advanced and innovative techniques. Proactively seek and implement initiatives to improve operations and increase customer satisfaction.
You will be part of The Measurement and Analytics business unit that develops, produces, sells, delivers and services products and solutions to enable industrial and energy customers to operate more efficiently and profitably. Key product groups within the BU are: Analytical Instruments, Field Devices, Flow Measurement, Force Measurement, Instrumentation Service and Process Analytics.
Typical duties/responsibilities for project management may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform various engineering tasks involving such functions as analysis, design, development, test, installation and service, while working from instructions, drawings, proposals, specifications, and other pertinent information.
- Prepare specifications and related documents in accordance with requirements, established formats and general instructions. Review and analyze a variety of engineering data, documents and reports.
- Consult with other engineering groups to ensure that specified engineering criteria are suitable for the proposed application, and recommend revisions, as appropriate.
- Plan, conduct or coordinate relatively straight-forward engineering analyses and tests, and prepare related reports and summaries, for review.
- Participate in the investigation of technical problems and the establishment of procedures and corrective actions to avoid recurrences.
- Identify and investigate opportunities for quality on time delivery and cost improvements. Implement these improvements as they are approved.
-Bachelor's Degree plus 5 years of experience.
Alternatively, this position may be filled at the Senior level for the successful candidate meeting this basic qualification:
-Bachelor's Degree plus 8 years of experience.
-Master's in Engineering.
-12 years Manufacturing Engineering experience.
-Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.