The Manufacturing Engineer, Vehicle Engineering, will be responsible to create and improve manufacturing equipment and processes for assembled automotive Sub-Assembly modules (Interiors and Chassis) in our newly created vehicle assembly facility.
With significant Automation systems design, build and commissioning experience, the Senior Manufacturing Engineer will be a hands-on contributor in ensuring new production equipment immediately meets productivity requirements as well as developing new high intellectual property processes.
In addition to developing manufacturing equipment and processes, Manufacturing Engineers work with cross-functional teams throughout the entire product lifecycle. They will work closely with Design Engineering, Quality and Production to take design changes, new model designs and manufacturing efficiency improvements from initial concept through prototype development and into full production.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Equipment Development & Implementation
- Develop process sequence, establish critical process parameters and process recipe
- In-house development of workstations, manufacturing equipment and fixtures to support early stage prototype builds
- Design, procurement, construction, integration and deployment of manufacturing automation equipment and fixtures for medium and high-volume production
- Management of suppliers during specification, design, buyoff and installation of manufacturing equipment
- Process Development and Implementation
- Development of new manufacturing processes
- Training of technicians and line operators on manufacturing processes
- Design of production workstations for ergonomics and efficiency
- Performance of process analysis, DOE, PFMEA, line balancing and capacity modeling
Skills and Experience:
- Experience developing mechanical equipment, fixturing and tooling in CAD (SolidWorks, Catia)
- Experience introducing new equipment and new processes into a production environment
- Creating detailed equipment documentation and technical specifications for manual and automated manufacturing equipment
- 5+ years of experience as a hands-on mechanical design engineer or manufacturing equipment engineer.
- BS/MS Mechanical, Mechatronic, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent
- Proven Experience in an Automotive JIT environment with exposure to Interior, Exterior or Chassis components